Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light came on the other night... how do i reset it?? its buggin the crap out of me

Premium Member
Fix what de-activated the ABS?

Registered
Check all your connectors on the plugs around the brakes. My truck had a lift already and the zip tie they had holding on the connector on the pass side front would vibrate around and hit the wheel on hard turns. Re-secured it and WALAAA not another ABS light since. But you may have more goin on than I did :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i have no lift just drivin up north and it came on... and i only have about 40,000 on it too

Registered
I have had it come on on before when I am doing something stupid at low speeds like towing someone out then hitting the brakes before I side in too. When you set if off like that though you just restart the truck and it goes away. Being yours is staying on I would check the wheel bearings and if they are good see what you have for a code. You may have a buildup of rust under the fronts sensors and that will make the light come on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the in put im gunna check em out!

Registered
i got ABS light and break light right after i got new Ring and pinion went from stock 3.73 to 4.56. Now that dose mean my ABS is completely disable or is it still working?

Premium Member

Registered
ok so its still working just not on ice or something like that?

saw what you did there
If the light is on, abs doesn't work.... Not quite sure how many times you need to hear it. Lol

Just get your tunes from nick, like you said in your other thread, and that will fix your ratio problem.

:beer

Registered
ok will look into that

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what is a quick way to clean your sensors?? or is there no such thing...

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks will give it a shot when i get off the boat!

Noob
If the light is on, abs doesn't work.... Not quite sure how many times you need to hear it. Lol

Just get your tunes from nick, like you said in your other thread, and that will fix your ratio problem.

:beer
My ABS light is on... I'm trying to figure out why.... I can tell you for a fact today that i got going 30... stood on the brake... and the ABS came on. FYI.

Registered
That's a pretty old post to bring up again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts