Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...found a pretty basic 2008 dually (if there is such a thing) that has the cloth bench and nothing special on the inside. The seller is the second owner and doesn't have the window sticker and doesn't know a lot about options. They sent a couple of pics, but are there any specific ways to tell a WT from a LT? I was thinking fog lights, but have seen some both ways.
Thx

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
WT trim are very basic. WT seats have a cheaper style cloth seat or come in vinyl seats, no fog lights, sliver painted stock steel wheels, basic am/fm radio, some WT dont have power windows/locks. Youll be able to tell if its basic or not.

·
Registered
266 Posts
WT doesnt have a leather wheel like most LT's, WT has rubber floor instead of carpet, manual windows/locks etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is all I have as far as interior...little fuzzy.

Think it may be LT b/c it does have body side molding (but that can always be added)...requested VIN so I can get dealer to pull orinoal equipment ... The lack of fog lights through me for a loop.

·
Registered
85 Posts
LT decal on bottom right of tailgate. I can also be an LS which is in between W/T and LT.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I say LT, as the upgraded center console/seat, and DIC.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gm doesn't really recognize a LS package in the HD series (anything over 1500) Even though it may be an LS like mine I actually have LS emblems, but GM calls the LS a WT package with a LT1 upgrade. Best way to tell a WT from from a LT i believe is the 4x4 shift will be floor mounted not a electric shift on the dash. other than that they can have exact interior, i know i have one. Also like stated is most Wt do not come with fog lights, but that doesn't mean they can't be ordered. Also you should be able to call a GM dealer and have them run the VIN for you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks like an LT to me. Is there a digital display for the climate control? WT would have three dials instead.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If that's a stock truck, then probably LT...DIC, Steering wheel controls/leather wheel, and the console are good tip offs...doesn't look like it was optioned with a trailer brake controller though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was something I specifically asked about...has the manual dials.

still waiting on VIN #...but can someone 'splain the fog light deal to me...found an 08 brochure and --- well you see below what it says about them. doesn't make any sense. (columns are WT, LT, LTZ)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was just looking at new trucks for our work fleet. WT does not have power windows or locks and has rubber floor.

LT1 will have carpet, power windows, power locks, chrome wheels, and cloth seats

LT3 will have all of LT1 plus DIC controls, auto climate control, fog lights, aluminum wheels, and remote start

I was also told that on RPO label in the glove it will have the trim code. I just went out and checked mine,which is an LT1 (I have the window sticker)

On the bottom right it has a "1LT"

ImageUploadedByAG Free1364267312.831328.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm sorry but your wrong, WT can have the same interior as an LT1, and most WT's not in white will be a LT1 upgrades but they are still considered a work truck. and like I stated they may even have ls emblems on them but GM will still consider them a WT. I know all this because I have one and did my research before I bought. Now his is most likely a LT, but just know the WT can come with pwr Windows doors cruise CD mp3 carpet and same cloth seats as the normal LT's. It's considered a LT1 upgrade in a WT

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Got a buddy with a one ton wt and his is for the most part, the same as mine. Ive got leather n hes got vinyl. Now mines a low optioned sle(gmc-lt) but the seats aint that diff other than color. Hes got pw/pl and cd. No xm/onstar. Biggest diff to me is the center console, neither of his open, both of mine do.

Oh and hes got the rubber floor too.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Get the vin yet? You can use the decoder on compnine.com to see the rpo codes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Small drumroll ...It's an 1LT with apparently pretty much no options (like one poster noticed - no factory brake controller)...would have to get a bumper replacement as that is a lot of chrome with no fog lights to break it up a little :)

Just called big town dealer at lunch and planning on going to local shop tomorrow to get a print out...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get the vin yet? You can use the decoder on compnine.com to see the rpo codes
Tried that website and the only codes that didn't really make sense were..

YE9 CONVENIENCE PKG COMFORT & DECOR LEVEL #3 COMFORT & CONVENIENCE PKG #3(YE9) 22,898

1SZ PACKAGE OPTION- (1SZ) 23,548

UK3 ELECTRONIC SYSTEM,ACCESSORY CONTROL ELEK ACSRY CONT SYS(UK3) 20,043

1 - 17 of 17 Posts