Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2006 duramax. Had some noise in the drive train. People advised me it was pump rub. So I ordered a kit and parked the truck in the garage to warm up. Heres the noise thread http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/g...uck-making-some-bad-sounds-advise-please.html

I was under the truck today to drain the transfer case fluid and take the drive shafts off when i noticed I do have a bad u joint. It's pretty loose. So I'm guessing that's where my noise is coming from.

I drained the tcase fluid anyways just to double check. Its full of nice clean fluid. So I don't think I have pump rub.

I am the second owner of the truck. I bought it with 142,000km.

Is there anyway to tell the tcase has had the pump rub fix done to it?

What if the guy before me had the t case replaced or fixed under warranty? I know he wasn't mechanical and always took it to the dealer for work. If he got it fixed or a new tcase would it be fine now?

I am trying to contact the guy I bought it from to see if he knows anything.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Only way to tell is to take the rear cover off.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If he always took it to the dealership for repairs it probably has never been done. Usual things to look for would be JB Weld where someone filled in a hole from the pump rubbing or new sealant between the two halves that has oozed out from someone doing the fix. But the only way to really tell is to split it and see if it has the pump rub upgrade. Try a VIN check on here to see the repairs performed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts