Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to see if anyone has installed Amp Research steps and also a boost gauge such as Edge CTS2 because they both need the OBD2 port so is there a way to bypass OBD2 port or am I just out of luck? Currently using Amp power steps and would like to also have a boost gauge.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’m trying to see if anyone has installed Amp Research steps and also a boost gauge such as Edge CTS2 because they both need the OBD2 port so is there a way to bypass OBD2 port or am I just out of luck? Currently using Amp power steps and would like to also have a boost gauge.
There are OBDII splitters on the market which will allow you to use both. Some lower quality ones may cause both items to do funny stuff. Just make sure to get a high quality splitter.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The same people who make your CTS2 display also make a splitter, presumably good quality. Go to their website for more information.

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
looks like the 39 dollar one for the win.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Buy the cheap one. Have issues. Buy the one you should of in the first place.

Buy once Cry once!

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Worse case you might have to hardwire your amp steps, that’s how mine are before they came out with the OBD2 connection.
I did try 2 Insights on a OBD2 splitter, one had TCC Slip which I wanted to view, the other didn’t, neither would work.
Eventually Edge added it to my CTS2.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I had the amp on my 15 GMC and I have the Auto meter on the 19 Chev, Same CTS2 ,same part, same MFG same made in China stamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts