Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my truck is paid off I'm going through truck OCD :D So lately I've been thinking about ditching the stack....and then taking that 90 degree pipe and just pointing it down...but cutting it to where you cant see it from the side of the truck.. So basically you couldn't see my exhaust pipe at all. Thoughts? And keep in mind with my Twins my exhaust is NOT loud at all, so noise isn't a factor here.. just going for a clean look. Or would I need to take it back further due to the exhaust could potentially be harmful inside the cab?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is def. on my option list. I was just looking for a cheap way out.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I prob wouldnt dump it prior to passing the rear axle.....or your ocd will kick into overdrive when the axle/under the truck is completely covered in soot.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
your truck is nice dont cheap out

i did a 5" turbo back and downpipe with a nice black 7" tip

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I shouldn't need that much piping to do it. I'll have to go measure.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
+1 on the axle dump, it is high on my priorities list when I get back to my truck as well

·
Registered
897 Posts
+2 for axle dump. I would do it as far back as possible so you don't soot everything up.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
You have a problem. I would seek professional help immediately.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
I prob wouldnt dump it prior to passing the rear axle.....or your ocd will kick into overdrive when the axle/under the truck is completely covered in soot.
This right here.

Not much pipe needed and it looks clean as hell still.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sometimes i just wana sell my truck, im just never going to decide what i want to do.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
you need to be happy for once :rof
imo ill get soot everywhere

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I decided I'm going with a turn down exhaust. Reasoning is I want to clean up my bed a bit, and NO ONE I have ever seen around here has one.... I'm sure people have them but I've never seen it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
You need a hobby

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Buddy has the exact exhaust on his LMM that you plan on doing. His engine is all stock excep for EFI-Live. It looks good, and you cant see the exhaust at all, but you sure can hear it. It is 4" and it doesnt drone anymore than my 5" does. Unfortuantly i cant get you any pictures but there isnt much to see anyhow.

IMO, i'd do an over axle dump. Looks a little better in my opinion.

BTW, did you end up gettin your truck all color matched, or did you decide to leave it black and gray?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Buddy has the exact exhaust on his LMM that you plan on doing. His engine is all stock excep for EFI-Live. It looks good, and you cant see the exhaust at all, but you sure can hear it. It is 4" and it doesnt drone anymore than my 5" does. Unfortuantly i cant get you any pictures but there isnt much to see anyhow.

IMO, i'd do an over axle dump. Looks a little better in my opinion.

BTW, did you end up gettin your truck all color matched, or did you decide to leave it black and gray?
Left it black and gray for now. In a few months though I might get it color matched.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
just get a new 5 inch exhaust rear exit with a nice tip

1 - 20 of 32 Posts