Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all , new to the site and look forward to lots of fun !
O.k here's what I am seriously thinking about doing.
My Banks just isnt cutting for me anymore. was a good starter programmer but now is just not enough power. Plus my tranny/ torque converter are beginning to slip so time to move on.
1. ATS Stage 2 tranny w/out the co-pilot
( don't do any HEAVY towing was told not to worry about it )
2. 150gph FASS lift pump.
3. ATS EPOWER programmer
4. 4" down pipe and kitty delete.
My Banks would be used only for gauges , was told that the Banks will conflict with the
E-POWER.
What do the experts think ?
How much more fun will I have ?:rockin

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think alot of them will tell you to get efi live and i would agree, its great. but i am by far no expert. lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know EFI LIVE is the shiznit but looking to just keep it simple .

·
Registered
405 Posts
if you got tired of that banks you will eventually get tired of the epower so i would just go straight to efi and not waste the money on epower but i would probably go higher than the stage 2 for a trans but same here im not expert

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
DIDO EFI is all that is holy in DMAX tuning!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
efi live... love it and always will run it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I said before , I know tons of people love their EFI LIVE , I'm sure it's what lots of companies are engineering to make their own type of tuner. But , What I wanted to know is , the set up that I am 99.99 % going to apply. No disrespect to EFI LIVE. My budget right now , thanks to my wife/financial advisor , is all I can do. I would love to put in the best tranny , best lift pumps , bigger turbo ( s ):D , nitrous , but this is what I can do right now. With all that being said , with everything that I have and will be doing , what kind of rwhp/rwtq should I expect here in the MILE HI area ? How will I match up to any stock SRT8's , STI's , EVO's ? Not expecting to out run them , but would love to smoke them light to light or 1/4 mi. type of thing. I hope down the road I can upgrade my tranny , add turbos , nitrous, etc. One thing at a time. My kids are sucking me dry , I am thankfull I can atleast do this !
Thanks .

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
As I said before , I know tons of people love their EFI LIVE , I'm sure it's what lots of companies are engineering to make their own type of tuner. But , What I wanted to know is , the set up that I am 99.99 % going to apply. No disrespect to EFI LIVE. My budget right now , thanks to my wife/financial advisor , is all I can do. I would love to put in the best tranny , best lift pumps , bigger turbo ( s ):D , nitrous , but this is what I can do right now. With all that being said , with everything that I have and will be doing , what kind of rwhp/rwtq should I expect here in the MILE HI area ? How will I match up to any stock SRT8's , STI's , EVO's ? Not expecting to out run them , but would love to smoke them light to light or 1/4 mi. type of thing. I hope down the road I can upgrade my tranny , add turbos , nitrous, etc. One thing at a time. My kids are sucking me dry , I am thankfull I can atleast do this !
Thanks .
If you ever plan on upgrading turbo's or adding nitrous etc. then you'll want to go with EFI live from the start. Its simple to load tunes, not much different than loading tunes with a normal tuner except you load the custom made tune from whoever you choose as a tuner with your lap top. It is a couple hundred more but why not save some money by going with a cheaper/better trans kit and use that towards a better tuner? There are vendors here that could help you with that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tranny kit ...? What exactly ?
I was told by many that with what I am going to do I should at least go with the stage 2. I had originally thought about just doing my torque converter , and a transgo jr. but was talked out of it. the only diff I saw from a stage 2 to a 3 was a billet flex plate...whats the diff from these two trannys and just a kit ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the other problem I have is we only have one lap top and it's my wifes company issue lap top. she could loose her job if a foreign program was loaded on it and it would be just my luck, it would foul up and crash !:eek:

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
do what you can do, your on the right track... any of the mods you listerd will be great.... good luck and enjoy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts