Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am looking into purchasinga Dmax soon. I am curious as to what additional horsepower the trans will handle and not go into "limp mode"? Or worse, fry the torque converter or such? Thanks. Is it better to leave stock and now power adders:confused:

·
Registered
669 Posts
90 hp seems to be the number you want to stay under. You can talk to many vendors here to making you a tranny safe tune also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had transgo jr put in last week. Had edge set on level 3 yesterday which is said to be 80 more horses. I tromped it twice coming home and it went into limp mode. Threw out some tranny codes. I had the codes cleared and set edge back to level 2 and its been operating normal all day today. I do have 95000 miles on truck so maybe the tranny is a little worn and couldnt handle that much power.
IMO its worth getting exhaust and tuner that will delete dpf. Might just have to stay away from lots of added horses. Very damn hard to do when adding 150 horses is only touch of a button.

·
Registered
303 Posts
90 HP, but you can run a little hotter then that just keep your foot out of the throttle and dont romp on it when youre on the highway or OD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.