Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an LMM with only 45,000 miles on it. Currently is deleted and tuned by Kory Willis. Already has a Fass 150 lift pump on it. Looking at going with a S475 over stock compound kit, and building the trans at the same time. Kinda already narrowed it down to these 3 companies. Any recommendations or opinions from you guys? From what Ive seen they all look to be very nice kits! Also as far as getting the trans built... Is there any reason you would pick one over the other? I use this truck probably 75% of the time for towing. Not looking to try and make big power out of it being a stock engine and fuel system. Any thoughts are appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
They are all great kits and we have ran all 3.. i would honestly just pick which one you think looks the best and roll with that! We carry all 3 brands if i can help get you set up with a kit!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would contact each company and ask who's turbo they use. In case you would like to change the exhaust housing size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some builders use the BorgWarner center cartridge and use a exhuast housing from another company that is modified to what they want to fit the turbo wheels. Than you can't just buy a new housing if you want to change the A/R without making modifications to the housing. Thats why I say to ask questions.

·
Vendor
620 Posts
If keeping both batteries under the hood is important to you, HSP and Wherli both have that option, but SDP doesnt do that on the LMM's.

They are all great kits, cant go wrong with any of the 3. We have ran both HSP and SDP on the shop race truck, let me know if you need prices or more info.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HSP uses the two piece Y bridge correct? Does that make install a lot easier? I seen WCFAB offers a lower oil pan with a fitting welded in it for the turbo drain. Do the other kits just drill and tap the upper pan? Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
All three are great, but I would go with HSP on the twin kit and Limitless Diesel Performance on the trans build.
You could go with HSP on the trans build also. I know HSP uses Limitless trans kits.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Evan is the man when it comes to transmissions thats for sure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im kinda leaning towards going HSP for everything. If the Y bridge they have makes for any easier install then why not. Ive also heard only good things about the limitless trans kits!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about engine oil temps towing with these setups? Would I need to run an additional cooler? Also where does HSP run their oil drain for the additional turbo?

·
Registered
99 Posts
A little late, but oil coolers are a necessity on any duramax that tows, especially one with twins. Even with my cooler I've seen 237 ect and 270 oil temps. That's 90* ambient with approx 20k lb load, 6% grade, cruise set at 65..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts