Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there a change made to the 2011 and up (or around that year) hub assembly? Just asking out of curiosity. I know two people that had 08 2500HD LMMs and they both went through multiple hub assemblies while owning the trucks (also know some people with 1500 gassers that have had the same experience). My 2011 lml just rolled 180,000mi (purchased with 60,000mi) and I have never had to change one (entire front end was checked out about 15,000mi ago and new uppers installed).

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would the 2011 and up be more reliable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 2wd 1500 and have had major hub assembly failures in the past causing the whole wheel break rotor and caliper snap off damaging my fender and door and caused the side air bags to deploy. Happened twice now in 3 years of owning the truck once on the passenger and once on the driver side, both times repaired at the dealership and now again luckily I caught it in time my passenger side is starting to fail. Heard a weird noise when driving so jacked my truck up today when I got home and noticed a lot of movement in the passenger wheel. Not sure what keeps causing this but it’s extremely dangerous when your wheel and brake rotor go flying off while going down the highway luckily both times I was able to safely pull off the road and downshift and stop without crashing into anything or anyone or having my wheel and 35inch tire go smashing into someone else at 65mph

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 2wd 1500 and have had major hub assembly failures in the past causing the whole wheel break rotor and caliper snap off damaging my fender and door and caused the side air bags to deploy. Happened twice now in 3 years of owning the truck once on the passenger and once on the driver side, both times repaired at the dealership and now again luckily I caught it in time my passenger side is starting to fail. Heard a weird noise when driving so jacked my truck up today when I got home and noticed a lot of movement in the passenger wheel. Not sure what keeps causing this but it’s extremely dangerous when your wheel and brake rotor go flying off while going down the highway luckily both times I was able to safely pull off the road and downshift and stop without crashing into anything or anyone or having my wheel and 35inch tire go smashing into someone else at 65mph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts