Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at doing husker budget kit 5'' strait in my lmm, has anyone used the budget kit from them and how'd ya make out with it?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
We put that system on my buddies truck, and when he gets his stack, its probably going on mine. But anyway, it was a really easy install, fit great, and sounds awesome. And you cant beat the price on a 5" system.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Subscribed

·
the lawn man
1,450 Posts
i just put one on my dually and it fit great i would tell anyone to get one they are great

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
ive had nothing but good feedback on the ones ive sold :drink

if i can do anything to help you out just let me know

·
Registered
362 Posts
I got the 5" Economy from Husker and it was very easy to install and looks and sounds great. I will snap some pictures tonight. And post up.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Here's that kit on my lmm. Two years and no rust at all despite all the salt in the winters.

If you have any questions about the kit or would like to order one let me know and I'd be happy to help you out!

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah thanks i already bought the kit and installed it, i was very very happy with it!

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Here's that kit on my lmm. Two years and no rust at all despite all the salt in the winters.

If you have any questions about the kit or would like to order one let me know and I'd be happy to help you out!

2 years , road salt in the winters and no rust? I was thinking I had to get the stainless steel exhaust because of all the road salt in the winters, is SS more rust resistant? I am wondering if it's worth the extra money?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Mines holding up great. Aluminized does really well. The only time it'll rust is if the aluminized coating gets scratched off or if you weld on it it'll melt the coating off. It'll rust where the bare metal is exposed. But I was careful installing mine and it was on a lift last Friday and it still looks surprisingly good. In hindsight if I could do it again I'd paint the saddle clamps with some cheap paint to keep them from rusting, but the pipe itself has held up great.

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
I've put four of their kits on including on my own truck and none have Any rust other than the clamps have a little bit. It's worth every penny!

Sent from a combine cab using AutoGuide

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've been eyeballing this kit (christmas is comming FTW!) and it looks good but I'm wondering how it sounds compared to the MBRP 5in? I assume pretty similar since theyr'e the same size and basically the same kit? Anyone know first hand?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I can tell you first hand that every 5" straight pipe kit will sound virtually identical. They're all just bent tubing really. Most mufflers sound similar as well, some quieter than others. Some do have a little different sound though.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts