Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2006 duramax and am having problems with the zone selector switch. the one that you change from face to foot and windshield and so on.... it is stuck on the defrost mode and wont change. also, the fan speed will cut out after lvl. 4 and at lvl.4 it seems to pulse. no problems with any of the lower power levels. and insight on these problems would be appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The problem with the fan is most likely the resistor-- it is located under the glove box, under the large under dash cover. Be sure you check and replace the connector along with the resistor, as they get HOT and melt the connector.

There is a special policy from GM-- they MAY repair it under warranty-- on some vehicles. Check with the dealer.

The mode selection problem is most likely a actuator servo. There are 4 different ones, and I don't know which one is the problem.

You can try to relearn the HVAC-- just turn everything off, remove the HVAC fuse under the hood--wait 10 minutes. Then install the fuse and restart the engine-- DO NOT TOUCH THE AC-- wait 5 minutes and then see it it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thank you for the info

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
In gm manual it says when u pull the hvac fuse just wait at least 10 seconds then put back in and dont touch controls for 40 seconds.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what worked, although i did not know it. I was pulling fuses, just checking up on the related ones. not finding anything, i left it alone. The next day it was up and running like normal.

·
Registered
870 Posts
You can try to relearn the HVAC-- just turn everything off, remove the HVAC fuse under the hood--wait 10 minutes. Then install the fuse and restart the engine-- DO NOT TOUCH THE AC-- wait 5 minutes and then see it it fixes the problem.
wanna bring this back from the dead. i just upgraded to LED's in my truck and now my HVAC controls are on the fritz. the blower switch works fine, it changes thru all the speeds. the temp control does not work, it always blows hot air and changes from vent to floor to defrost all on it's own whenever it wants.

what i want to know is when you remove the fuse and wait 10 mins do you have to have the truck running or off?

·
Registered
870 Posts
also want to add that the A/C button and recirc button light up randomly but the a/c compressor never kicks on.

·
Registered
870 Posts
nobody wants to help me on this? should i start a new thread of my own with the same problems? i tried removing the fuses and disconnecting the batteries. none of these worked. everything worked find before i changed the lights to LED's. im thinking i blew up a chip inside either with ESD or over heating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts