Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you may know, I play a big part in a limo company. Well we have a few parts buss's sitting around and I managed to get ahold of a used Holset HX40 charger from a bus. Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of boost this things capable of or if theres anything I could do with it on an lb7. I searched around and it doesnt seem like anyone is running one on a duramax.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
That's a fairly common Cummins turbo and lots of budget BMW guys use them as bottom mount set ups when building a budget turbo kit. Not worth very much (less than $4-500). I wouldn't waste time trying to run it. Depends on what size it is. I think they came in 9cm^2 & 12cm^2 . Maybe a few others.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me turn this thread around then. I am interested in trading for a very small charger. I have a race mower and both the hx30 and the hx40 are too big for the lawn mower. So if anyone has a small generator turbo or something of the sort please send me a PM

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
You probably want a T3 or T25 based turbo for that little guy. You might also want to look at the puny turbo that VW ran on the older TDI motors.

Btw, HX40s from the Cummins 8.3s could be had with 16, 18.5 or 21cm exhaust housings. Much over 40 psi is asking for trouble...but they've been ran into the mid 50s before.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
You probably want a T3 or T25 based turbo for that little guy. You might also want to look at the puny turbo that VW ran on the older TDI motors.

Btw, HX40s from the Cummins 8.3s could be had with 16, 18.5 or 21cm exhaust housings. Much over 40 psi is asking for trouble...but they've been ran into the mid 50s before.
T25 gets my vote. Those things are tiny, i turbo'd my yfz450 a few years ago and could get 13psi out of the t25 no problem. Spool up was quick too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts