Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the hypetech and installed it. It was kind of a pain to get my dash a part but it works. My speedo was 5 mph off and is now dead on with gps. Just thought I'd share this in case anyone needed to know about speedo calibration. This is the only way that I have found to go up to higher tire sizes on the LML. The dealer said they can only program to factory sizes on the LML.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
i have it also. all you do is go behind the gauge cluster and plug it in. i had it run so that the usb end is in my glove box with plenty of slack, that way if i were to ever change tire size or gears i can plug the laptop right into the calibrator through the usb end sitting in my glove box. the usb line they give you is PLENTY long.

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
I bought the hypetech and installed it. It was kind of a pain to get my dash a part but it works. My speedo was 5 mph off and is now dead on with gps. Just thought I'd share this in case anyone needed to know about speedo calibration. This is the only way that I have found to go up to higher tire sizes on the LML. The dealer said they can only program to factory sizes on the LML.
I wonder if it works with the XT Pro????
The folks who build the XT don't seem to think so :rolleyes:

·
Registered
135 Posts
i was looking at doing this also on mine but after i put my 275/65s on i check my speed with gps and another vehicle on the road and it is almost dead on. I dont know how when i went up in tire size two inches?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts