Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a HyperTech Max Energy because I heard it was one of the best for mileage....plus I got it brand new for $272 to my door......What setting is best for mileage? I heard level 2.
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...............

·
Registered
839 Posts
it might be hard to find someone on here with a hypertech but i would just try out all the tunes and see which one gets you the best mileage, with efi i get the best mileage with a street tune as long as i keep my foot out of it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply

·
we live so others may die
312 Posts
I get the best results on power level III, about 2-3 mpg increase 7.5 lmm...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Slim, No problems with it ?

·
we live so others may die
312 Posts
Not a problem its the only programmer i have ever used..i am upgrading to EFI Live soon, but the hypertec definitley adds power (noticeable gains), and increases mpg at power level III (for my truck), corrects tire size, clears DTC codes. I have been totally happy with it....when i bought my truck in sept 07,it was one of the only tuners available....back then it was $395, i think i got my moneys worth...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, I've read it keeps EGT's to 1300 even towing on all levels. Thanks again,alan

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered a HyperTech Max Energy because I heard it was one of the best for mileage....plus I got it brand new for $272 to my door......What setting is best for mileage? I heard level 2.
Thanks Guys
Most people report that level 2 gives the best fuel economy. We also keep the egt's down and thats a big plus with our programmer over the other brands

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the Reply....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts