Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud Chevy Duramax 6.6L Owner. '06, 4x4, Ext Cab, Looong Bed

I had a bad experience with a Superchips Flashpaq, returned it (and am still waiting for my $$). So, I bought a Hypertech and it works GREAT! Loaded the type 3 high performance tune. May try the #2 later, but for now, I'm so happy with the extra passing power it'll be a tough try.

Mainly wanted better mileage, speedo correction for bigger tires, and to fix the shift points. Got all three. Mileage is up about 2.5%, but that's a lot of $$ at today's prices.

Hypertech has a much better way to update the programmer than does Superchips. With the Superchips you download updates to their Flashpaq programmer online -- problem is, their download software does not work.

With Hypertech, you send the unit back (about the size of a 1990's hand-held calculator) and they burn-in the new firmware for your vehicle. This is how I understand it:
If you have been to a dealer who had burned a new firmware from the vehicle mfr, you'll know that because your truck will now run like it did pre-Hypertech. When you try and re-load, the unit will know something has changed. It stores the new program (from the mfr), then you send it back. Hypertech then downloads that new program, sees if anything's worth keeping, modifies their program to work with any good changes, then sends it back. Hypertech then keeps the new program to update future units that are returned for updating.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the Hypertech's a lot cheaper than the Flashpaq.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum,glad your happy...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts