Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, that’s right, was putting mud flaps on the beast and had reinstalled the wheels, left the little anti-theft tool on. I think this also led me to loose one of the center caps as well! Not my day. That’s what happens I guess when you clean up your tools in a hurry because of rain! The center cap had a crack in it it, I think from the new tires I had put on at the dealer. I didn’t really inspect the caps when I torqued the nuts, I just noticed a crack across the face and swore. I knew I hadn’t done it since I just took the tire off and leaned it against the house. Anyway, replacements coming from Texas and McGard! Just thought I’d let folk know to learn from my stupidity! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
contact the company that you bought the lug nuts from and request a replacement. they will have your information on file.
Thanks, I took out the little piece of paper out of the anti-theft lug nut case I had under rear seat, it has the original 4 lugs in there. Then ordered online from McGard, the manufacturer of these nuts. Cost me $20 for a replacement. The seller does not have this info BTW, this is a package you buy and install, if dealer does it, they charge you and still put the packeage with info under the rear seat. :wink2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to get what you needed. For what it's worth, my Son lost one a while back and the local Discount Tire was able to get a replacement for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts