Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
458 Posts
I doubt it will work without some major trimming to the fender.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What’s a good 3.5” leveling kit with arms
Honestly, just my opinion, but there aren't any. If you just want a level, the smaller, the better your ride will be. The more angle you put on your front end, the worse it will ride/wear. I didn't really want to, but wanted to keep a nice smooth comfortable ride and fit larger tires, so I ended up putting a full lift on mine.

Here's a website where you can see lots of different tire/wheel/lift combinations. Check out the gallery Custom Offsets | Simplifying the aftermarket truck world through teaching, tools and the gallery

Reactions: Sulfur

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
165 Posts
I have 37s on a 6" lift and it all comes down to offset and wheel width. My 20x9s with 37s on a -1 offset barely rub at full lock. My 24x12s with 37s and -40 offset rub a lot, and caused me to have to remove the mudflaps and lower valance. Even with doing those 2 things I still rub. Give us the details on the wheels you plan to run (It appears you have factory wheels currently) If you plan to run the factory wheels with 37s a leveling kit will probably get you there.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
125 Posts
I have 37s on a 6" lift and it all comes down to offset and wheel width. My 20x9s with 37s on a -1 offset barely rub at full lock. My 24x12s with 37s and -40 offset rub a lot, and caused me to have to remove the mudflaps and lower valance. Even with doing those 2 things I still rub. Give us the details on the wheels you plan to run (It appears you have factory wheels currently) If you plan to run the factory wheels with 37s a leveling kit will probably get you there.
He doesn’t have the new body style truck, doubtful a leveling kit will get him there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I plan on keeping the stock 20s on it, I haul my equipment around with a gooseneck don’t plan on putting another set of wheels on it it’s my first duramax work truck

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the truck! What year is it?

I've read of people putting 35's on stock wheels, and no lift. But I don't have any experience with that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a ‘19 with the lift / level kit from rough county (yeah I know) , but it works fine and ride great. I fit 35” and only get a little rub on full turn. The tires rub on the frame a tiny bit.

And I have plenty of room in the front. With stock wheels, you need to make sure your not rubbing the upper A-arm.

And I think 35” looks good. It’s not over the top looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Should have come stock with 35's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts