Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 06 3500 Duramax now for about a month and sometimes when i shut my truck off and get out i hear what sounds a pump running sometimes for 10 seconds or more.Where is this comming from and why does it keep running when engine is shut off.It was bought new as a cab and chassis and it now has a flatbed installed on it.Do all Duramax's have 2 fuel tanks and 2 different places to put fuel in

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Most Dmax's do not have 2 tanks and 2 spots to put fuel in. Is the sound your hearing a air compressor? If it has airbags in the rear it could be a compressor

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Probly hearing the transfer pump pumping from one tank to the other

·
Registered
448 Posts
i hear it on mine, like a pump, click, pump click. Gotta get down close to the hood or have it open to hear it. Maybe it's fuel being pumped in for the next start up. Who knows?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only hear it when truck is shut off.This sound is very loud you can hear it 30' away from truck.It is coming from the fuel tank area.So the fuel has to be pumped from the extra tank into the main one?I thought it would be equalizied by gravity at the bottom of the 2 tanks somehow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts