Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend replacing injectors but I think my problems are over. Will get a Tech 2 on it soon the make sure the one injector that was at +15 is back to normal. All in all not too bad. Just a crap load of plugs that can be a bear to get undone. Thanks to Brent at Lincoln Diesel for the injectors! Probably took me 15 hours but I spent at least an hour looking for the bolt that holds the coolant tube to the thermostat housing and about 1/2 hour pulling out a mouse nest that was by the CP3 pump. I'd say it could easily be done in 10 hours for a first timer if you just jump in and go. I had a lot of crud and rust in the injector high pressure line inlet on the front 4 injectors. Lines were all clean so I don't know if it is stuff that gets past the filter or comes from the lines somewhere. If you need to replace yours do it yourself!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
good choice on vendor..
by the way brent my rates have gotten better since last talking to u.. thanks!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Way to go Farmer, Starting the teardown tomorrow on my 04 LB7. Havent ordered parts yet. I will also be replacing all eight injectors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the club! Mine took me a little longer but I took my sweet ass time and drank beer. Plus with cali emissions there's a few more things to unhook and move. Nice work though!

·
Registered
71 Posts
The crud you saw in your injectors did not get past the filter. It is from the water/moisture that runs down the line to the fitting that screws to the injector. This causes rust and corrosion to build up. All of this breaks loose and falls in the injector inlet when you remove the line from it. Use some silicone rtv sealant around the line that goes through the valve cover to prevent this from happening again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts