Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Legennn... wait for it...
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second one since joining the forum... first one went because the economy took my job with it when it crashed, and now this, compliments of my stepdaughter on her drive to school this morning:

I don't know how exactly this happened, but the rear window of the Kia Rondo that she hit popped out, landed on the hood, and wound up underneath the driver's side wiper, but on top of the passenger one :confused

The good thing is, nobody was hurt. The truck wasn't drivable because the PMD was located behind the bumper, and is now crushed, not to mention the bumper was about a half inch from the front tire. Body guy (my neighbor) says the frame is tweeked, and I can see it a little, but only right in the front where the bumper mounts...

Debating on trying to fix it up, or calling it a loss, stripping the new parts (exhaust, alternator, glow plugs and a few interior items) that I'd just put on and getting another... I found a '95 Chevrolet 6.5 for sale in Lincoln, with alot less miles... HmmMMmm

·
Registered
483 Posts
other people's kids hey? sorry for your loss, good luck in your search!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Sorry to hear about the wreck, glad everybody is ok though.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Thats sucks Kevin.....glad no one was hurt...What did she hit?

That windshield looks crazy how it broke.

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She hit a Kia Rondo, some little crossover thing.

That's actually the back window of the Kia, it popped right out and landed on my hood, and wound up just like you see it. My wife texted me a picture from her phone (I can't upload from my phone to the pc) from the accident site, and it's just like you see above, under one wiper, on top of the other one

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear it man, but in the long run, like you said, it's just a vehicle. At least your daughter was safe!

What exactly happened? the kia slam on their brakes in front of her?

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Yeh man that sucks! Glad everybody was ok though.

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shit it looks like it ate the Kia.
The Kia is thrashed... The only pic I have is on my phone, and I can't upload off my phone 'cuz I didn't buy the stinkin' software that you need (damn Motorola)

What exactly happened? the kia slam on their brakes in front of her?
That's what I was told... It was an older gentleman dropping his kid/grandkid off at school, and they laid on the brakes because he was about to pass the turn into the driveway

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
The Kia is thrashed... The only pic I have is on my phone, and I can't upload off my phone 'cuz I didn't buy the stinkin' software that you need (damn Motorola)

That's what I was told... It was an older gentleman dropping his kid/grandkid off at school, and they laid on the brakes because he was about to pass the turn into the driveway
Text it to your email.

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well hell, I never thought of that

if it works, I've got some others for the Dumbest Pics thread on there too...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Man that sucks. Glad everyone was okay. Good luck.

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IT WORKED!!!!!!111!!!

we also found out that Kia emblem on the rear hatch imprinted itself on my hood

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's crazy, u can see the imprint in the first pic. Atleast she was in a tuck and not a civic or some other tuna can.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Damn glad everyone is ok.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Sorry to hear that Kevin. Glad everyone is safe though.

If you put it back together, you should definitely consider a cummins swap. I know a guy who's doing one right now. Going to be sweet when it's done ;)

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

If you put it back together, you should definitely consider a cummins swap. I know a guy who's doing one right now. Going to be sweet when it's done ;)
I heard about a guy doing one too, I think it was a red truck. I can't remember the guys name though, reminded me of Nebraska. :poke[1]:

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I thought I heard something about that too... such blasphemy!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts