Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Got the hood to open up today... had to work it a bit since it was really jammed in there. The truck is running. I unplugged the remote-mounted PMD, and had the wife plug in the original one (we left it in place just in case we needed a backup) because her hands are small enough that she can reach through the intake to plug it in. A few cranks and she fired right up.

Truck unfortunately is not salvageable. The entire engine is pushed back in the bay. Radiator cradle pushed back far enough to shove the upper radiator hose on top of the radiator, but not far enough back to damage the fan. No damage to the radiator, oil or tranny coolers though...

Also, I told the wife that it's now a NASCAR Truck. We can drive it, but it's beat up, and because of the bumper being pushed back, we can only turn left :rof

Damn atleast everyone is ok... Whos the girl in th green jacket? She doesnt look happy :eek:

Discussion starter · #24 ·
She's the girlfriend of the kid who was getting dropped off at school, who was riding in that Kia. This girl had the gall to send text messages to my stepdaughter accusing her of wanting to hurt the kid, and running into them on purpose, and all sorts of other stuff. I told her to ignore the texts, but if she really wanted to get back at her, find one that was sent during the school day and take it to the principal's office... with the anti-bullying rules around here, that girl would have her tit in a ringer fast :rof

, find one that was sent during the school day and take it to the principal's office... with the anti-bullying rules around here, that girl would have her tit in a ringer fast :rof
Ya I hear that.. Stuff has changed nono

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Took the exhaust kit off except for the downpipe and first section thereafter, then fired it up and limped it down to my father-in-law's place, where air tools would make much shorter work of that bashed in front bumper. Got it off after removing all the bracket bolts and bashing it a few times with a maul. The replacement PMD was broken at the plug, and the wiring harness clip was also shattered. Got the new one for the '98 this afternoon. Dang truck wouldn't start after that... searched for a couple hours for a ground that got pulled loose or a wiring harness unplugged... nothing. Turns out it was the original PMD on the truck - after making a round trip for work, I walked down there and it fired right back up... and ran for about 10 minutes then died.

and...

I sold the wreck yesterday. A friend of one of Rondi's coworkers came up from Missouri, took a look at it, and handed over a grand cash. He talked to Rondi before coming out, so he knew we needed to get the rest of the exhaust off, but...

I'll be damned if she didn't tell the guy that she'd throw in the PMD off my '98. I really wanted to keep that one around - it's always good to have a spare in the truck, in case something happens away from home...

Oh well. he'll be coming back up to trailer it home next week, after I put the 4" Diamond Eye on the 98 and throw the stock exhaust in the bed of the wreck. Saves me the trouble of having to throw it out myself :cool:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.