Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wait, don't rip my head off just yet. About a month ago I blew up my lly. Still haven't been under the hood to diagnose the exact cause but it I STILL HAVE IT. When it let go I was WOT passing a line of cars doing 50 in a 75. Symptoms are EXCESSIVE blow by pushing oil out of pcv hose and idling like a blown alcohol motor. I work from my truck and cant go a single day without it. So i called a wrecker to take it home and called a friend to carry me truck shopping. First place I stopped was the ford store to look at a low mileage 2014 LML LT dually. Saw my cousin there trading in his 19 F350 XLT on a platinum I suggested we do an in and out, I pay the dealer 500 over cost on it and they sell 2 trucks that day and they actually went for it. So now I own a shiny nearly new F350 (I ain't mad) The LLY is getting her guts gone through soon. Who do you all reccomend for a long block or do you think I should try and salvage what's in it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
So your cousin was trading his 2019 Ford for the 2014 LML....

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
So your cousin was trading his 2019 Ford for the 2014 LML....
Unless I read it wrong his cousin was trading it in on a platinum.
no question about it - driving around WOT is the thing to do.....
Well at least we agree on something. Driving around trying to mash the go fast pedal through the floorboard is the only way to drive>:)
OP, I'd check out some short blocks unless you want a long block. Your heads etc are probabaly in good depending on what failed.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless I read it wrong his cousin was trading it in on a platinum.

Well at least we agree on something. Driving around trying to mash the go fast pedal through the floorboard is the only way to drive>:)

OP, I'd check out some short blocks unless you want a long block. Your heads etc are probabaly in good depending on what failed.
I'll probably get new heads the last motor survived 175k miles I'll probably start fresh

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
You trying to just put a stock long block back in?

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I'm 27 and have never had a single traffic violation. I've had 500-1000hp vehicles since I was 16. I know when and where to play :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
sar·casm:
/ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"

·
Registered
17,577 Posts
I'm 27 and have never had a single traffic violation. I've had 500-1000hp vehicles since I was 16. I know when and where to play :)
I'm 40 and drive the way that needs to be driven when the circumstances are given to me.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
^exactly russ. Most of the time I putt putt around. But if someone is going 25 in a 55 I definitely have a little fun passing them

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,292 Posts
Oops.

Old pic.
It's @ 108 now. :rofl

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
An LML will go 120. I dont think said LML should ever do that again though. Ever.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You trying to just put a stock long block back in?
I'm thinking stockish maybe just a crank rod bolts and studs. The truck made nearly 500 wheel and dealt with an unreal amount of hard driving (towing every hill maintaining 75 no matter the load type stuff)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May I do a little "preaching" here - about aggressive driving? Those of us who have worked "rescue" do not see anything funny about very fast driving.

May I try and use very shocking, disgusting, & horrific examples to try and scare some of you into behaving yourselves when on the public roads....?

I have no objection to "post natal birth control". Too damn many people on this planet as it is. What I find upsetting, is when a person who knows he is the greatest driver in the world, takes someone else with him.

Yes, I have had to participate in some "clean-ups" after high-speed crashes. No, I couldn't care less if we had to clean up some driver guy with a spoon and sponge. What I found distasteful in the extreme when he involved someone else - for example - when we had to go find all the pieces - had been a really pretty girl - when she went thru the windshield she left parts of her prettiness on what was left of the dash-board. What was left splattered all over the concrete bridge abutment.

Then there was a good friend of mine who was really the world's best driver...sorry...you cant ask him any more. I didn't participate in the "clean up" crew that particular accident; I am told the last thing that went thru his mind was a branch of the tree he hit....

I see on my DTP "Mini Max" I can delete the speed limiter that came with the truck when new. Thanks but no thanks.....!

Bottom line - The life you save by driving sensibly could be MINE...so...THANKS !

Ever try a high speed "panic stop" ? Absent absolutely ideal road conditions you are only along for the ride.
I used to work in the body shop and wrecker business I've seen some horrific stuff. But if we're all slow poking because you're to inconsiderate to let people around you. You're getting fed some gapperoni pizza

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,292 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,292 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts