Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always work on my truck myself, but this time i was too busy with school.

My rear driver side axle seal blew out the other day, soo had to drop it off at a random garage! And whats worse, 200$ for the repair, 100$ for tow :( .

The seal is like 30$ some odd dollars, and parts price is what I'm used to paying lol. Its a weird feeling to have other peoples hands working on my truck, and people I don't even know.

Anyone else feel my pain? After 7 day's I already miss my truck. Downerrr

·
Registered
561 Posts
I feel your pain. Last week I took my truck in for oil change, tranny spin on change, tire rotation and fuel filter change all were do. With working my regular job and helping out with harvest no time for it. So wife dropped it off for me at dealership. They have done oil changes on my wifes ride and mine once or twice. I supplied all filters.
They charged my $56 to change fuel filter. what a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I hate other people touching my truck, if it has to go in for something I look over it damn good before it gets run again.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate other people touching my truck, if it has to go in for something I look over it damn good before it gets run again.
Thats for damn sure, i saw plenty of people come straight from the quick oil change places with no oil in their car, wondering why its making that clacking noise! :rolleyes:

try 7.5 weeks of it sitting at the dealer.
No shit? that stinks

I guess i also omitted that it was picked up by an "old" ass tow truck, drivers name was Cleetie! LOL

Didn't make me feel any better about handing the keys over. I suppose I'm being a little bitch about this stuff, but I haven't drove much of anything else since 08. lol

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Letting another man touch your truck, is a lot like letting another man touch your wife... :cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
379 Posts
2 weeks ago i got charged 385 bucks for ONE wheel bearing.. I got hosed big time, i feel your pain. Need more hours in a day to do it myself...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can not stand it either. I left my truck at a muffler shop for 30 mintues so they would install a 3" muffler and pipe.
Easy. cut old muff off. Put new on, bend 3" pipe to fit. I pick it up and it has 2 inch pipe in it with a 3" muffler. I was so pissed I paid the idiot and left. I cut the pipe off and put an old 3" turn down on it myself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I can not stand it either. I left my truck at a muffler shop for 30 mintues so they would install a 3" muffler and pipe.
Easy. cut old muff off. Put new on, bend 3" pipe to fit. I pick it up and it has 2 inch pipe in it with a 3" muffler. I was so pissed I paid the idiot and left. I cut the pipe off and put an old 3" turn down on it myself.
I would have went back and ask the guy if he was a retard.....A 2" pipe to a 3" muff.....:cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would have went back and ask the guy if he was a retard.....A 2" pipe to a 3" muff.....:cookoo[1]:
I saw it when I picked it up but had an appointment in another town an hour away and 45 minutes to get there. I did not go back because I did not want to go to jail. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Rear wheel bearing failed while i was pulling a trailer to a job. Didnt have any tools so i took it to a shop. Took them two days. WTF said they coulnt find the part.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A simple stainless steel brake line replacement on my old chevy half ton cost me 4 days and a trip to the body shop.

I like you ran short of time and thought I was saving myself time.

After it taking most of the day to change out the little line, when the tech was closing the hood, his fat bear claw dented my hood. I mean put a good one in it. Then had to argue that the the oilly hand print had not been there previous since the guy wouldnt own up to it. He tried to play it off when it happened. I just so happened to be standing there watching since I was nervous enough about there work. After an hour of arguing with the "manager" and threatened to call my make believe lawyer, he agreed to fix it and sent me to a body shop of his choice. And of course, when I went to pick the truck up from thebody shop, the repair was horrible, most of the dent was still there and they did a piss poor job on the paint. Again after threatening to call this lawyer, they finally fixed it right.

I feel your pain.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I broke 8 hours from home and had to be towed back.....for a $3 gasket....

then the trailer got a flat tire within 10 seconds of being loaded up, and it was a sunday afternoon....

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
When I bought my truck it was ready for a change, I wasn't driving 1500 miles on an overdue change. When it was backed out I did get funny looks checking the oil, but that garage actually did a thorough job.
I have oil/filter, fuel Filter, 5 gallons ATF spin on and internal filter, transgo, getting diff and T-case fuild. It'll be done as soon as I can. NO WAY I'm trusting it to any shop. I'll do it right. Can't be so sure about a garage.....:cookoo[1]:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Where a crew of guys wanted to fix said gasket and the truck owner refused to work on it. Heyyaa
Lol and what crew of guys was that?

All I heard was "you want a beer man?" from Matt

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts