Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally did it.. No more Cummins, No more Powerstrrokes.. And best of all, I sold my 01 Duramax this morning! The new owner is very happy..
I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 (build date 06-07) 2500HD GMC Extended Cab SLT fully loaded flawless truck! My wife gave it to me after she signed the check! Then she took me out to dinner.. I'm totally excited! It was a one owner that totally babied it. It looks and smells like it just rolled off the assembly line and I didn't have to pay $50+K to own it.. It scares me to death that I almost bought the same truck with a 6.0 gasser...... Last night I was reading all the reviews of the lousy MPG of the 6.0 and the lack of pulling power... In the 60 mile drive home, the dash says I'm getting an avg of 22.6 mpg.. This truck blows me away! I declined the idea of a NEW one for the reason of the DEF additive required.. That was a deal breaker.. This truck has 44k miles and should last me a long time.. All routine service and fluid changes have been done and up to date, complete with the complete history.. I feel I did the right thing!
:drink:D

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Good looking truck for sure. What are your plans for it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first "MOD" will be a new Lance Cabover Camper.. Then I'm going to make the best of the last month of summer weather at the lake pulling the new Sea Ray I bought last May.. Hitting Lake Shasta this Friday! (Northern Calif)

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! That's a generous wife you have there!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! That's a generous wife you have there!
I was going to say the same thing damn lol Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Congrats , great looking truck !

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
I would have to make quite a few deposits in the "wife bank account" before a withdrawl like that ever happened.. wowzer! Yesmaster, this is what I would have to answer with every time too.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the "Welcomes!"..
I went to the local GMC dealer today and was quoted the price on a Extended Warranty. Both quotes were a 48 month 48K mile warranty.
The GMPP with a $50 deductible was $3435
The "National" Premium Plus was $50 ded and $2685.
Both had the same coverage along with the "wear and tear" add on.

Anyone care to chime in on a yes or no? In the past, when I bought NEW, I would always get the extended just because if you don't, you most surely will need it. I feel it's cheap "Peace of mind" coverage. I think just one break down would be as much or more than the cost of the policy. I still have 12 months of the factory "Drive train" Warranty, but I think this might be a good idea for an old guy like me that hates to crawl under his truck out in the boonies if something goes wrong..
Comments appreciated!
Thanks in advance! :drink

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the Form support! This place reminds me of the Corvette Form... Lots of priceless information!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I paid $31k for this truck... A NEW one would be over $50k...

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you think you will ever mod the truck I wouldn't get the extended warranty. New exhaust or programer will void your warranty. Bigger wheels and/ or tires will void part of it too. Just depends on if you are going to leave it stock or not.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not one to MOD a truck.. This thing has all the power I need Stock.. Actually, there were 2 others I looked at that did have a few Mods and I passed. The big selling point on this truck was, never been chipped or had any mods.. Just slightly driven and serviced at the GMC dealer regularly.. I'm happy having it stay STOCK.. For $2500, I can buy (and most likely will) a extended contract from the local dealer which will be an additional 4 years and 48k miles from the day I buy it.. Cheap insurance for the peace of mind as i see it.. :cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
If your not going to mod it you will be good. I just didn't want you to waste your money like I did.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 25 Posts