Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling my sporting clays cart (golf cart) on an open flatbed trailer, about 1700#. I was behind a slow mover and decided to pass. When I got to about 70 I felt the clutch slip. I backed off and all seemed ok for the next few miles. As my exit approached I was going to down shift but the pressure on the clutch as almost at the point where I could not depress it. When I did get it down it stayed. After a bit I pulled it up with the toe of my boot and from then on it seemed ok.

I guess its time for me to get a SB ... the OEM clutch and flywheel was installed before I would take possession of the truck when I purchased it about 6 weeks ago.

Steven

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05_LLY,

I forgot to create a signature. I am running the edge on level 2. I plan to pull a small to medium size 5th wheel or TT in the next year but I'm not sure which SB setup would be best. I don't think I'll need the power of the duel disk system. Recently SB was offering the SMF w/single disk clutch at special price but I guess I missed it. I'm going to talk to Midwest Diesel Performance in Oak Grove, MO this morning. They are a distrubutor and installer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.