Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the question is where do i find the LBZ engine code in the vehicle. me and my dad are looking at getting a used 04-06 chevy/gmc crew cab LWB dually. and we want the LBZ engine package since its the 360HP version. i just dont know where to look in the truckto find the code for the lbz engine package. i want to know there not just telling me its the lbz i want to make sure. i dont trust salesmen... thanks in advance.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
You can tell by the 8th digit of the vin these are the vin numbers with there engine code,

8th Vin #1-LB7 300 hp
8th Vin #2-04.5-05 LLY 310hp autos only, 300 hp manual trans and 4500/5500
8th Vin #3-06 LLY ratings are the same as vin 2
8th vin #D-LBZ 360 hp auto only, not an option in manual trans or 4500/5500 trucks

·
Registered
12 Posts
heres another question. Why is there two different power ratings for the duramax? If imnot mistaken , ford or dodge doesnt do this. Did they do it for price?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
No i think it has more to do with production.
GM seems to do all there changes half year instead of new model year for some strange reason??

Ford dosent really do it but dodge dose they just use cool terms like high output for the bigger hp version!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts