Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I missed out on this first gooseneck trailer because he wanted 2 g's and I only have 1 and trade stock. I've got stuff for sale but only one thing sold. But the problem is, now I'm stoked on getting a trailer so I have the option to start making a little jack with it. Since that one's a no go, I've been looking alot for a good deal. Not easy with a grand. I've even found another triple axle but 2' shorter I think for 2 hundred bucks less. The picture on the right is my newest wish. It has a 500 dollar starting price with no bids. I figure there's no way it will sell for a small amount but I can hold onto some hope. It's a 30' full tilt, bumper pull(dang it), and looks to be in pretty nice shape. No responses to my emails yet. Less than 2 hours away. What do you think of the trailer and what weight do you think it would safely haul????

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
how many lugs are the axles,5 lugs 3500#,6 lugs 5000#,8 lugs 7000#,thats per axle minus the trailer weight.need better pics,if it needs tires its gona cost you at least $500 for new tires,so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Not sure how many lugs because all I have to go by are these pics and a few others. But, that is very very useful info on the axles, so thank you. I was wondering if there was a way to tell. What would a trailer like this be built for? At 30' I wouldn't think it would be anything light duty. Small equipment trailer, or isn't it built heavy enough. I would think that pivot pin would be a weak link. Here are more pics. Oh yeah, and advertised as having good 16" rubber.

Attachments

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Not to hijack, but Banshee are you right by fort wayne?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm really close to Fort Wayne. Are you gonna recommend that trailer place right off of 69 towards the south end of town, or just curious?

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Just curious. I'm only about 50 minutes from you. Go to lima/findlay craigslist and search. There is one for 1250, and another one for 2k, but willing to trade.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on, find any real cool activities in our area? I found some decent bogs, hillclimbs, and snowmobile dirt drags. My mom and sis used to live in Edon so I used to go to Ohio and trek around quite a bit. I like the boating on all the good lakes around, but it's too d***n expensive to keep a boat on the water.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Camden, MI and Reading MI truck pulls. They happen 2x a year. Fulton county spring pull is about a month away. We live right on the maumee so we're always on a boat in the summertime when we're home.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to live right on the river, I am close though so probably shouldn't complain. It would take me about 2 min to drive down my creek in my 6by to get to the Saint Joe River, but it's not the same. Can only get a canoe down the creek if you walk it or if it floods, but you don't dare during that time of year.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why would a hay trailer be built out of a tilt?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that's what makes me question the weight capacity. Other than the pin it looks pretty solid, but it can't be lightweight. Maybe built for tractors? I have no idea, I just want to know it's capacity. I know it would have to be forward loaded or really well balanced because of all the deck hanging behind the tires, but I bet It would follow the truck really well for such a big trailer, and it would be cool to have. Plus the idea of such a long trailer excites me like the tingling when I pee. I just don't want a very large puss trailer. I want something really capable like a deckover gooseneck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Golf cart trailer makes more sense than most anything else, but you could only use it for a tilt for the front cart, then everything else would have to be loaded from the side. Wouldn't that be defeating the purpose of a 30' tilt? It's just gravity that pulls the front end down right? It's not a cable winch setup is it? It kind of looks like a crank on the front but I thought it was just the locking lever to keep the front end down.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
By looking at it and not being able to see the lugs, i'd guess it is probably around 10k.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could deal with a 5 ton trailer very easily. That's my bronco or girl's cherokee, and 3 quads I'd like to be hauling. Plus I would think at that length, 2 cars is a good possibility?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts