Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 SILVERADO. 6.6L turbocharged.
org. sold as cab&chas. anyhow... got her from a family member???? heres the prob. she meets the injector warrenty. took it down to local GM dealer had a diag done. compression came back that #7 cylinder had 100lbs. agent from plant truck was built at said fix the problem with in 30 days and we'll honor the injectors..cool... i've re-built a hundred detroit,cat,cummins,ect... i found a re-ring kit and connecting rod bearings,headgaskets and gasket kit.
can anyone offer me any better advice on a successful in frame re-build? any and all comments would be greatfully appreated. im an avid chevy guy from birth..lol.. never owned anything else. and worked my whole life for a truck that works like of all us do. thanx db. p.s shes an LB7...vin code 1.
also while shes under my knife...i want to make her run with better preformance. please tell me what i can do.. i have confidence in my labors just never messed round with pick-ups:help

·
Registered
859 Posts
Merchant auto, a vender here has all you need. You will get lots of help with your rebuild here,but you will get "NO" help on the smoke. MY advice edit your post. remove the smoke statement. Welcome to the forum.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
If you want it to smoke then leave the bad injectors in it....Or you can drill random holes in the rings and it will let some oil up there in the combustion chamber.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
lol

if you want a lot of smoke dump about 20 grand into performance parts and get up around 1200 hp... it will smoke the shit outta things then.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
An in-frame rebuild is not easy or recommended. I would pull it. If you have a cylinder that is reading 100 PSI you have something very wrong and will more than likely require machine work. Bent rod, cracked piston, maybe it just pushed an injector cup, who knows? More info is needed please.

And as far as smoke, fill the bed with oil and tires and throw a match in there.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for advice on the in frame, im pretty sure that a much larger problem is not the case,, i changed the # 7 injector after checking oil when buying this truck, i turned the stick up side down and the oil to my hand quite fast and smelled of raw fuel, ive had alot of exp with larger combustables.. i actually dicovered that the factory injector had failed. as the end result i washed out that set of rings and wore them down due mostly neglagence from previous owner..air-go whos fault not of concern??? GM of detorit, has offered to honor there injector warrenty but i need to repair the compression fault.. parts came in yesterday night and im just waiting for my kids to go to sleep so i can keep as meny parts on my bench in sted of my lil boys pockets

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Awesome. Sounds like ya have the problem narrowed down. Hope the rings fix ya up!

As far as performance; an exhaust, intake and a nice EFILive tune will wake that rig up quick! There are plenty of vendors here that will help ya out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts