Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what’s there to look out for on these trucks? What’s the highest you’d want to see your egts? Can you install an bigger or better radiator for better cooling ? If so what brand? What will Gain with a bigger inter cooler? Do I absolutely have to have head studs? I’m not racing this thing just hauling my 36ft Montana. Any help much appreciated

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,157 Posts
That truck needs nothing extra to pull your camper. If you're worried about your cooling ability, before you buy a new radiator or intercooler I would clean out what you already have. Cleaning the cooling stack helps tremendously. Take it apart and clean it and get all the junk that's trapped in there out. Just don't use a pressure washer or you risk bending the cooling fins.

Sharp looking ride. Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
236 Posts
You can get a edge or idash to monitor the egt, trans temp, oil temp, etc… your camper is nothing for that to pull.

That’s a beautiful looking truck!! Is it lifted or just have the keys cranked up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get a edge or idash to monitor the egt, trans temp, oil temp, etc… your camper is nothing for that to pull.

That’s a beautiful looking truck!! Is it lifted or just have the keys cranked up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i just installed the edge monitor today. I’m wondering what my egts shouldn’t exceed? An it’s got a 6inch pro comp lift with 20s on 37s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious what’s there to look out for on these trucks? What’s the highest you’d want to see your egts? Can you install an bigger or better radiator for better cooling ? If so what brand? What will Gain with a bigger inter cooler? Do I absolutely have to have head studs? I’m not racing this thing just hauling my 36ft Montana. Any help much appreciated View attachment 1090016

That truck needs nothing extra to pull your camper. If you're worried about your cooling ability, before you buy a new radiator or intercooler I would clean out what you already have. Cleaning the cooling stack helps tremendously. Take it apart and clean it and get all the junk that's trapped in there out. Just don't use a pressure washer or you risk bending the cooling fins.

what’s the highest you’d want your egts to get up to before you melt your truck? An may be a dumb question but what is this middle button between 1&2
is that power fold mirrors? I hit the button an it just beeps nothing happens ? 1&2 is for the seat memory
90D492D7-17FC-40A5-B360-DFDB9A49AD16.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
203 Posts
It is for setting your exit position. Set your pedals, seat, mirrors for most comfortable way to get out of the vehicle. I have never actually used it.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts

EXACTLY what Melonhead said! Clean out the stock cooling stack. As for EGT, I have seen upwards of 1300 for short spurts. and usually, run around 950-1100 when fully loaded 24,524# om my 06 LBZ

·
Registered
313 Posts
if you are going to tow a 5th wheel -you are going to be nose up with that set up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts