Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some of the posts and I'm here to stay. I like it here. It seems as though there is a good variety of input readily available here. I've had my truck for two weeks now and just added the Bully Dog and filter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It says Triple Dog with CL and outlook monitor in his sig. ;)

C-ya

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like Smoke Show said, I have the Triple Dog and Crazy Larry. However I don't think I'll keep there for very long. I need to figure out why it goes into limp mode after a couple of hours of driving and I try to accelerate. It is ok when I am doing the Transmission learning but after driving around for a couple hours or if I shut the truck off and take off again at say, 3/4 throttle it goes limp. Can anybody help?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Will the bullydog read codes? It is probally a p1093 ( low rail psi during power enrichment) Very common, when running big programs. You can shim the fuel valve it will eliminate 99% of the 1093's but adding a lift pump and a shim kit should 100% take care of it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Caleb, I think I know what a lift pump is but where can I find out how to shim the fuel valve and get a shim kit. I am too new to the Duramax but I want to know more.

Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts