Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about three weeks since I drove it last and it looks like next Monday is when the final parts come in to put it all back together! It seems so far away!
I saw an old 12v cummins "rolling coal" on the highway today and I look at him to see it's a kid my age or younger with his flat billed hat on backwards and a Holden bro's diesel sticker across the windshield. Pissed me off seein him think he is cool while I'm stuck in the slowest suburban ever made and not able to show him how the real trucks play!:help

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If it makes you feel any better i'm 1700mi away from mine for the next 60 days and there are tons of diesels out here lol. Got stuck with a Nissan Altima too.. (although, I am proud to say it IS trail rated.. just like jeeps hehe) Definitely feeling the pain already! I feel like someone needs to teach that dude how to wear a hat as well as how real trucks play lol

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
I dunno how you do it. I'm gonna do all fluids filters and ATF Hoot flush as well as a CV boot and Transgo, and the thought of the truck being down for the DAY sux. Only part keeping my sanity is that at least I'll be WORKING on the truck. Good luck, hope your parts arrive safe and on time.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I know how you feel. My truck has been super good to me and has yet to let me down but damn have the aftermarket mods screwed me over. First it was parts missing in my trans rebuild that was like a month down then it was like the worlds first bad 4094vvt that was at least a month. Now I'am scared to do anything to it

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Mack, what happened? I am about to do 2 wheels myself.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just put of curiousity, how long did it take you to pull the turbo?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Leaving the house with out the truck is terrible:(

·
Registered
897 Posts
This is definitely scaring me away from a Billet 4094!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
It would be ok I promise we would all be here to hold your hand through the process:D
I would rather you guys being next to me, holding a wrench!!!:drink

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Stop whining! Mine blew up 1000 miles from home and it wont be back on the road until 2012.
I think you have it pretty good right now Mack. :D :rof

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just put of curiousity, how long did it take you to pull the turbo?
Without the bullshit and breaks probably 8-10hrs of actually trying. with the bullshit and breaks..3 days lol.
Then decided to leave it out after I got it out and then decided to order parts, then then then then then...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Without the bullshit and breaks probably 8-10hrs of actually trying. with the bullshit and breaks..3 days lol.
Then decided to leave it out after I got it out and then decided to order parts, then then then then then...
Lmao, that sucks dude! I had both heads of my lb7 in less than 5 hours Tuesday evening.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Lmao, that sucks dude! I had both heads of my lb7 in less than 5 hours Tuesday evening.
LB7 engine bays are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more open than the LMM and a little easier to work on. I couldn't believe it when I look under the hood of an LB7. The LMM engine bay is stuffed and is a PITA

·
Registered
891 Posts
LB7 engine bays are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more open than the LMM and a little easier to work on. I couldn't believe it when I look under the hood of an LB7. The LMM engine bay is stuffed and is a PITA
I don't care dude, heads vs turbo is no comparison.......... Not saying at all that he's stupid for it taking so long, most guys wouldn't even attempt it and I think he's around my age (20) so he obviously isn't super experienced and probably doesn't have the right tools too make it easy.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It really is! I have little hands and arms and it was still incredibly tight.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Mine is way more open than most:neener

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
2011-09-15 18.07.20.jpg

These 2 go on saturday......................

1 - 20 of 27 Posts