Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know anyone who makes a cat blank for a 4" exhaust? The boys in BC are lookin under some trucks and asking questions about the shiny pipes! I just wanna go visit me Ma...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Make one yourself. Some scrap sheet metal and a few minutes with a TIG. All set. Guess if you wanted to get cute, stamp something from indicating it to be a CAT from the inside just before you weld it up.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
i like the stamp idea

·
Registered
262 Posts
is there a way that they can tell that it is fake by the way it looks

·
Registered
262 Posts
can they teel that you have a hollow cat by how it sounds when you hit it ? some body told me this so i did dnot gut mine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't do nuthin'

I gave up on fooling the feds and am happy with my 4" setup the Flo Pro intended. I get great egts and it has yet o start rusting after 2 Alberta winters. My stock Cat is under my porch in case I ever go back to 3.5 inches.

·
Registered
199 Posts
We used to just take a stock cat & smash a pipe through it & weld it inline. Last time I did it we took the heat shields off a cat & just tig welded them onto the pipe. As long as the truck doesn't throw a check engine light it will pass for a sticker here in MA. My old PowerJoke would throw exhaust flow codes so I had to put it back on, couldn't get around it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
275 Posts
We used to just take a stock cat & smash a pipe through it & weld it inline. Last time I did it we took the heat shields off a cat & just tig welded them onto the pipe. As long as the truck doesn't throw a check engine light it will pass for a sticker here in MA. My old PowerJoke would throw exhaust flow codes so I had to put it back on, couldn't get around it.

Good luck!
does this work? will it throw any codes on my truck?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts