Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was wandering what is a good programmer to get, i heard the ppe is the shit and im looking for one that is less then 500 bucks. There's the PPE Xcelerator Economy Power Programmer three settings 50hp 94tq economy,tow 90hp 160tq, performance 120hp 200tq. I was thinking of getting this one. But im not sure, andbody have recommendations

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
honestly I love PPE and I own one....but this crap is addicting as hell. Once you have one you will want to upgrade and see what you can do.

I bought the standard PPE....from a bullydog powerpup(worst investment ever BTW)....but now I wish I would have spent the extra cash to buy the hot+2 or EFI...

But not saying my situation applies to everyone....but its a 50/50 that people want to apply more than stock components want to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a quad stealth 2 for 250 from an individual on ebay. Lots of guys have them on this site and they seem to really be pleased for the quality and price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if i get a better one then i know i will use it and ill break something. So i figure if i get the smallest PPE then maybe i wont break something maybe haha

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Yeah if i get a better one then i know i will use it and ill break something. So i figure if i get the smallest PPE then maybe i wont break something maybe haha
honestly I broke mine on the powerpup....on level 2-3....but that tuning was crap though...

personally if I had to do it again....I would start at the weak points....mainly the stock tranny.

Granted its a big investment, but once its done....the sky is the limit!!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
god why do I keep saying honestly...

I honestly have no idea....

dammit!!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
imoa everything else is crap compaired to efi live. Get the best first. I have tried ppe standard, banks six gun, edge juice and superchips. hands down get efi live get the tunes from one of our vendors load it and leave it alone. Your fuel mileage will go through the roof.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honestly I broke mine on the powerpup....on level 2-3....but that tuning was crap though...

personally if I had to do it again....I would start at the weak points....mainly the stock tranny.

Granted its a big investment, but once its done....the sky is the limit!!
like what?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I sent you a pm...tranny is definately the weak point if you start doin any tuning...but im sure you'll enjoy w/e you get!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
imoa everything else is crap compaired to efi live. Get the best first. I have tried ppe standard, banks six gun, edge juice and superchips. hands down get efi live get the tunes from one of our vendors load it and leave it alone. Your fuel mileage will go through the roof.
I agree....but for a quick tuner I can keep in my truck its awesome....but with a DSP5....its completed....I would never have to plug anything in or take any fuses out.

damn you guys....now I want EFI even more.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
like what?
Well I went with a Suncoast full tranny....sounds dirty I know. I did the Suncoast stage 4 with a 1056 converter. Its pretty amazing.

but now they have the gmax kit....pretty sure its almost the same...but not 100% on that one....someone smarter than me will answer, I'm sure.

But I was deploying and didnt have time to screw with the install...If you aren't mechanically inclined, just buy a full tranny and have someone install it. Then they ship your core back...easy peesy chicken squeezey....something like that anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts