Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helpalright guys heres the dilema...I got a SC stage IV with a lift pump and a dsp5 switch with a really hot tune on the way..i plan on running a stock motor for a while but i wana know if the aftermarket exhaust manifold for the drivers side is somethin i need and if it is how hard is it to install myself?

my next question is if i will need a new downpipe as well?
and what are your thoughts about getting nick at duramaxtuner for the dsp5?

thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Nick is a very good option for EFI tunning, I would skip the Exhaust manifold, and go straight to the downpipe :)

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Ya a down pipe is the first thing you should go with. The manifold will help aswell so you should look into both.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input..should i even worry about getting the manifold?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
:rolleyes:hell just do a full manifold system with up pipe and down pipe and both new manifolds

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
^^^i dont have that kind of money but sounded good, What about the up pipes? worth doing? Im already decided on the down pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I put in my Banks Techni-cooler last year ( had it for almost 2 yrs before installing it) I installed a BD exhaust manifold on the drivers side. Had the manifold coated to reduce heat. The nice thing about the new manifold is it gives you an EGT port for your sensor. The install is about a 3 out of 5 for difficulty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts