Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new shocks.Everything that I have heard is Bilstein 5100's is the way to go.I have a bone stock Chevy HD 2500 6.6 Duramax,no lift.I really would like a better ride if possible.Who has the best price,that is if you guys say Bilsteins is the way to go.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I just put some rancho 5000s on my truck. They seem to ride better than the stock shocks. Time will tell. They have a respectable name so I chose them because they were about 1/2 the price of the bilsteins.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I just bought Rancho RS 5000's for a leveled front end and Rancho RS 9000's for a stock rear and I can't believe the diffrence, I had to have it realingned bc the front shocks were sooo worn. I even turned my bars down a bit to get the front back level with the rear. 271 bucks delivered from 4wheel partswharehouse.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Rancho 9000's ftw. 9 position adjustable

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered bilstein 5100s for 300 shipped. 0-2 in the front 0-1 in the rear. eshocks.com My truck is stock and I am going to crank the front about an inch. I hope to get is done this weekend.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just put the Bilstein 5100s on my truck and they are awesome

·
Registered
672 Posts
I love my Bilsteins. But I've never had Ranchos -- they may be just as good.

BTW ... lots of folks also recommend Sulastic Shackles for a smoother ride. Just something else to think about (and spend money on).

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
rode in both bilstein and rancho equipped trucks.

I prefer the 9000xls as they are adjustable.

Everything thinks differently as to what a comfortable ride is, but with the bilsteins you are stuck if you don't think it feels right.

With the adjustables, obviously, you can adjust it either hard or soft depending on your preference.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have the Bilstein 5100's now and love them. I had the Rancho's on a previous truck and they rode great too. I don't think that you will go wrong with either choice.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Rancho 9000 for the adjustability.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have installed just about everything. If you'd like a great shock that will not break the bank try some Zone Off-Road Nitro Shocks Only $39.95 ea. They work really well and many of our customers have had great reviews. I think that they work well and many customers like them over their Bilstein (which are a great shock). They also come with poly bushings which is another plus.

Here is a Link GotShocker.com

Contact us if you have any questions we're here to help.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Agreed. I run the nitro series and haven't had an issue with them, especially for the price! They're an extremely good value for what you get IMHO. Obviously not as cush as a $700 shock setup, but just over 160 for all four corners you won't catch this guy complaining. Ride quality is better than my stock shocks were.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts