Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 2500HD. About 15 years ago I installed a Meineke 4" exhaust system ont the promise of added performance and mileage. Went from 20MPG to 19MPG and I've hated the sound ever since. Even added a small racing muffler between the engine and the primary muffler. Just replaced the main muffler this year as the old one's packing had finally gone away.
What can I do to make it tolerable to ride in this thing on family trips pulling the trailer?

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
When I purchased my current truck the previous owner had deleted the factory exhaust and installed a downpipe back 4" MBRP exhaust, This means he deleted both the CAT and DPF. The MBRP exhaust had a muffler.

The drone in the truck was so loud my wife and I had to shout to have a conversation. I HATED it.

I installed a 30" resonator as close to the front as possible, where the CAT used to be. It solved the problem. I don't work for them I just like this product

FTE Resonator / Muffler 4" x 30" Aluminized

You will need the resonator and 2 band clamps (Call FTE to order and insure you get the correct clamps).

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone put the Diamond Eye 4" system, with the quiet resonator, on their truck? I have a 2003, 3500 dually. I pull a 13,000 fifth wheel and would like cool as possible EGTs. I have a Diamond Eye system on my 1997, 3500 with the 6.5td, it doesn't have the resonators on it. I like the tone, but it has a little drone in the cab, it's fine with me but my wife will be in the 2003 with me and she doesn't like the drone. Trying to keep Momma happy!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts