Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some personal advise on this matter. I have a local dealership who is currently selling me the New Silverado HD2500 with LMM motor for 2K below invoice and in-stock for delivery today. I also have a GMC dealership who willing to sell a 2007 GMC Classic HD2500 LBZ for 2K below invoice as well. I understand the LMM is a new design with all that new smog crap but should I be concerned about reliability????? :help

·
Registered
262 Posts
i do not know about reliability but i heard that it is the smae motor with the smog equipment. go with the olde so you can have fun with it and make some horsepower imo

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
they have efi live avalible for the lmm....it will give you around 400 to 400+rwhp...i would personally go with the lbz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'm actually going to see and test drive both trucks today. I'm leaning toward the LBZ since it's been around and proven based on what I've been reading on this forum.:gearjamin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I test drove the both the LLM and LBZ yesterday and noticed that with all the new emmisions on the LMM the truck pulled hard and early compared to the LBZ. The truck I test drove was a LLM LT1 2500 CC 4wd long bed. The tires let loose when the first time I floored the pedal 3/4 the way down. I was a able to the test drive the vehicle for about 30 minutes with a few buddies without the fleet Manager. The guys with me also agreed that the truck pulled early and hard of idle comparred to the LBZ. The LBZ was the identical truck. At this point I'm leaning towards the LLM.:rockin

·
Registered
262 Posts
the only difference is that one can take the cat off and run fine and the other cant

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go With The Lbz, Let The New Motor Have Its Run For A Year Or So And See What Everyone Says About It, See If It Proves Itself Like The Lbz Did!

·
Registered
262 Posts
yah it is like the d-max when they came out but just let them go a while before jumping into the new motor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
idrivebowtie,

Thanks for the advice, I'm planning on holding off until the end of the year. But let me tell you the urge is definetly thier to pull the trigger.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts