Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just did all new injectors in my lb7. Got it back together and its loping real bad. After i give a little throttle the loping goes away but at an idle its aweful. So I checked for leaks, nothing. Wont hold a prime either. So i just got off the phone with this diesel mechanic at tires plus and he said I had to "write down the numbers from each injector in each cylinder so I can reprogram the ecu to each individual injector." and he continued to tell me basically how dumb of an idea it was to take on such a job by myself. and then told me i was gonna have to take it in so he can pull all my injectors write down the codes and put it all back together and reprogram it. UMMMMM WAY EXPENSIVE, u'd think someone may have mentioned this small step in the DIY LB7 INJECTORS...? :confused:

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
That is BS he is trying to rip you off!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yep rip off...

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
No one mentioned that step because it isnt one.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
the fpr could cause a lope, but im not to keen on lb7s. I do know that alot of people do the job themselves and sounds pretty fishy to me. Its just manual labor, and if hes a mechanic he should know how the injectors are numbered any damn way.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
So i just did all new injectors in my lb7. Got it back together and its loping real bad. After i give a little throttle the loping goes away but at an idle its aweful. So I checked for leaks, nothing. Wont hold a prime either. So i just got off the phone with this diesel mechanic at tires plus and he said I had to "write down the numbers from each injector in each cylinder so I can reprogram the ecu to each individual injector." and he continued to tell me basically how dumb of an idea it was to take on such a job by myself. and then told me i was gonna have to take it in so he can pull all my injectors write down the codes and put it all back together and reprogram it. UMMMMM WAY EXPENSIVE, u'd think someone may have mentioned this small step in the DIY LB7 INJECTORS...? :confused:
on a LB7 IIRC this is not necessary to do. only on the 2006+ models

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just called the guy back to cancel my appointment and told him that wasn't the problem. "What makes u say that?" Welllllll a bunch of guys that know what they're talking about, thanks for not #[email protected](ing me big guy... So now Im gonna go tear apart my electrical and check all the pins, clean everything out. Any ideas where I should from there???

·
Registered
891 Posts
Alldata says you gotta but from my research its not important, so I would say he's not actually trying to rip you off....

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
programming injector flow rates into the GPCM is only on the 2006+ trucks. There is no such procedure/capability on the 2001-2005 trucks.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
fpr for the lope , as for the prgramming of the injectors ive only heard this on a lly,from the dealer ship , i never did it and it ran fine

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
victory! After checking all the electrical I found a bent pin on my fuel rail. Put it back together and first crank she was running great. Thank god sometimes these things are more stressful then work!:rockin

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
not sure if theres a difference but, i had my whole motor out and never had to reprogram my ecm for my injectors when i had them out?

·
Registered
235 Posts
A diesel mechanic at tires plus......haha.....that's a good one. Flow spec numbers are only for LBZ's and up, no such thing on LB7's. Sounds like you have a low side fuel system problem since it wont hold a prime. FPR maybe, but doesn't explain loss of prime. You really need a scanner to check high side pressure, FPR operation, and injector balance rates. It would also benefit to have a low side vacuum gauge to check your low side system. I don't know where you live but you might want to try somewhere other than tires plus, and not necessarily the dealership either, not all GM dealers have decent Dmax techs.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yea i just changed all my injectors and didnt have to reprogram a thing, I was gonna suggest to look at your fuel rail sensor if it is unplugged that would cause it to lope like it has a huge cam in it

·
Registered
3,642 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Flow spec numbers are only for LBZ's and up, no such thing on LB7's.

- sorry i had to make sure everyone got it

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I've heard that flow spec numbers are only for LBZ's and up, not sure tho :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts