Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
It is a clean truck, but too bare bones for me. My buddy hAd an 07' classic WT and it would flat scream.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That thing is clean! too bad its a Work truck interior, but still nice.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could throw a DVD/CD in the stereo bay, and some SUBS in the back and it wouldn't seem bare bones any more. But, I'm loving the rubber floor!!!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
06 has the 6 speed even if it's LLY right?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love my W/T!

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
06 has the 6 speed even if it's LLY right?
Yes.

In my opinion, I do like the rubber floor mat, way easy to keep clean. But I put weathertech floormats front and back and the 2 up front are really easy to move. I just put some rubber grip mat sections under them and it does the job. About my only complaint was getting in a lifted truck and the floor mat sliding around.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had weather tech in my 01. They are as good as it gets if you don't have rubber floors. Now I gotta get Brent on board for some goodies for this thing. lol

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I love that color. Looks super clean. I still hate that you sold that 01. It was a super nice ride. But I came from a decently built up LLY and my LBZ ran way better than I thought it would even when it was bone stock. If I didnt have such an issue leaving stuff alone, it would have been a great truck to just buy and drive. But of course, I have had it for 4 months and its been parked and tore apart for 3 of them lol.

Try to go easy on this one Aaron

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the problem Josh, I wasn't even considering another Duramax for a truck. I was going to get a gasser to limit me form modifying it. But I can't hold back from getting this truck if it's available. And if I get another Duramax, it will be VERY hard to leave it alone... But I'm sure If I delete this truck and just drive it, it would be the most reliable truck I ever owned.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The truck is still available. I guess my only concern is the crank windows. Got kiddos and I don't know if the wife will complain about not being able to control the back windows. I guess it's not the end of the world.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I noticed them, I have to go look at it. I think there was a CB radio in the cab by the looks of it. And possibly that hole was a switch...

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
That's me, I don't care about any other option other than power windows, everything else can be easily added.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's me, I don't care about any other option other than power windows, everything else can be easily added.
I know. It definitely has me thinking twice about it. And I gotta think about resale too. I don't want to have a hard time selling it because of the windows...

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One on the way, and a 2 year old. I am really thinking seriously about it, but I need to run it by the boss. For that price she may go for a fully loaded Tundra with the 5.7 just under 100,000 miles. But I really want another Duramax! And Brent said parts wont be a problem if I get it.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The wife isn't thrilled, but she isn't totally against it. So I'm going to look at it if the guy can let me this weekend.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.