Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home from daytona beach a week ago and coming through the mountains of tennessee running 87 cruise control it slipped it, I killed the cruise and eased into it and if held ok but I couldn't hold 85 cause every time id get it spooled up it would slip. It never limped the tranny but I hav limped it before. I never took it off my #1 tune which is about 70-90. I was running empty. I parked it for a week and drove my camry to work hoping time will heal all wounds. Haha , not. I got it out yesterday and it didn't wanna move. I babied it and after a few minutes it warmed up and it still slips if I get into it at all?? Is my tranny done or is this my tq??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump. its still driveable but i am wandering if i could put some lucas transmission treatment in it to help?? but not sure if would help an alllison, or a torque converter. if that is what it is. it slips in any gear when i get into it. i was planning on building a transmission for it down the road but i guess ill have to get the money together now. anyways. any help on what i can do to help draw it out or ideas about what it is exactly would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also the fuid isnt burnt or low.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
yep shes letin go minee worse then urs if i go over 70 with any kind of thrttle it limps im runninit till she blowssss

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
As I always say you gotta pay to play you all know whats going to happen and only one way to fix......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok.... I feel like a retard. It was the fuel filter.... But I'm still gonna build my tranny to hold all my efi live goodies haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts