Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 82 Chevy 6.2 with 4 speed....all stock I want black smoke rolling out the pipes when I floor it.....my friends gasser smokes more than my diesel (just regular exhaust its not broke)

But whatever is easist and does least harm to motor
I've herd you can just turn the injector pump up?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Stuff a rag in the intake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't wanna burn oil too so I don't wanna stick a rag in the intake....how much should I turn the injection pump up to just have black smoke when I goose it?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
No idea, I'm sure there are some people on here that will know the answer.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
or a cummins...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These babies can smoke pretty good if you can do it I've seen em do that do.....just wondering how to do it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These babies can smoke pretty good if you can do it I've seen em do that do.....just wondering how to do it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Look for a used '04 LB7. If yo get lucky and find one with around 200,000 miles on it, it will smoke like a sonofabitch...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright I don't want a new truck!
I just want mine to smoke I don't got 20 grand to go buy a diesel ill keep my free one

·
Registered
80 Posts
make it roll smoke and kill our community for those who actually use the trucks for power, it's people like you that made the retarded DPFs come along.

·
Registered
338 Posts
do something like this it would be sick probably melt your manifold thow

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
15mm wrench, rag, and pry bar are needed. Take the air filter housing off and set it aside, this helps make a little room to work with. Take the rag and wipe the flanges off enough to see the timing marks, be two small lines, one on each flange. Loosen the 3 nuts enough to where the pump adjusts w/ out much effort, and turn it toward the drivers side. Adjust the timing mark on the pump at least a the thickness of 1 mark. Tighten the 3 nuts back up to about 35 ft/lbs, and set the filter housing back in place.

Then buy the banks sidewinder kit. It's a turbo for the 6.2's

A little = A lot adjust a LITTLE at a time untill you get where you want to be...this will also add power...well a little

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
pm sent with complete directions

·
Registered
6 Posts