Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam just finishing my first tank of fuel in a brandly new 2011 2500 Chevy D-max.
I have already removed the chin spoiler and cranked up the torsion bars. I have alot of knowledge of the latter from modding my 2007 H2.
I already know I will need to buy the half ton green keys and longer shocks along with the Cognito UCA's to get it level. I do not plan to lift this truck any more than maybe 2". Just level and a set of good wheels and 33" tires thank you very much!
But what i really want to do is to get rid of all that horrible pollution junk. Good grief, a Cat, DEF, DPF, and what else? Heck why not just remove the motor and install a bunch of mice, do you think the EPA tree hugging psycho's would be happier with that?
I was wondering if there would be any chance of retaining a warranty after improving the truck by removing all that unnecessary dead weight. I mean if we were serious about improving the environment, why not just remove Washington DC?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nope, warranty will be gone as soon as you remove anything.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
i dont get why people buy brand new trucks with all the emissions equipment and then complain about it. if you didnt want any of that why not pick up a nice low mileage late model LLY or LBZ. plus that will leave you with some cash for go fast goodies.

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont get why people buy brand new trucks with all the emissions equipment and then complain about it. if you didnt want any of that why not pick up a nice low mileage late model LLY or LBZ. plus that will leave you with some cash for go fast goodies.
Like you said, you just don't get it :)

Hey the world is full of people and we're all different. You would like to buy a used vehicle (and that's cool) but not me. I guess I'd call it freedom

Anyway, I wasn't really asking permission just conjuring up some discussion

Thanks anyway! :drink

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
No way to retain warranty after removing those components since they require the use of a programmer to delete them.. sorry man

H&S offers the programmer you can use to delete these with the use of a turbo back exhaust :thumb

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, warranty will be gone as soon as you remove anything.
That's what i thought. So does anythingever go wrong withthese trucks that will actually require a warranty?

On the warranty note, Ihavepretty much modified everything I ever boughtand the dealership always honored the warranty claims I have made. I generally have a little chat with the service manager before signing on the dotted line If he agrees to honor warranty issues that have nothing to do with the results of my mods,I purchase, if not, I by pass.
I wish that others would push the point as well!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It just depends on the truck honestly. Some guys have a few issues here and there, while others don't. If it were me, for as new as the rig is, i would put about 10-20k on it or so and then push for voiding the warranty just in case..

And the dealer honoring your warranty just depends on the dealer really. Some will play ball if they want to, while others will not. It is very easy for them to say it was cause somehow by your programmer affecting the stock system lol. And technically most people sign a page in their purchasing agreement saying they will not modify the emissions systems/exhaust/ etc. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It just depends on the truck honestly. Some guys have a few issues here and there, while others don't. If it were me, for as new as the rig is, i would put about 10-20k on it or so and then push for voiding the warranty just in case..

And the dealer honoring your warranty just depends on the dealer really. Some will play ball if they want to, while others will not. It is very easy for them to say it was cause somehow by your programmer affecting the stock system lol. And technically most people sign a page in their purchasing agreement saying they will not modify the emissions systems/exhaust/ etc. Just a thought.
Good points all
I actually had a conversation with the dealership and got the wink. They knew me from before. They know I modify everything including my lawn mower. They're all good. I learned to stay away from suburbia and go country where folks realize a claim repaired is income to their business. I think I got lucky

BTW, why the ND ribbons displayed under some names?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Those of us who serve/have served rock it.. are you in the service?
You get it by posting up in the DuraVets section of the forum (under diesel clubs). Just post up in the what was your job/where ya been thread :thumb

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Those of us who serve/have served rock it.. are you in the service?
You get it by posting up in the DuraVets section of the forum (under diesel clubs). Just post up in the what was your job/where ya been thread :thumb
Yup, I served
Combat tours in Panama, Desert Storm, OIF in Baghdad, OEF with five years in Kandahar and Kabul.
Army 25 years Pilot

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hell yeah man :drink
well if you have any other questions feel free to ask

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
If your dealer is cool with mods then look into H&S tuners. They are about the only offering a DPF/DEF delete. It will wake the truck up for sure
There is not alot of issues with warranty claims with the duramax. it is a good motor and the transmission is great as well. I would not add more than 100-120 ponies to the motor without some kind of transmission build though.

Thank you for your service as well. If it were not for people like you, we would not be able to enjoy the hobby we have.

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If your dealer is cool with mods then look into H&S tuners. They are about the only offering a DPF/DEF delete. It will wake the truck up for sure
There is not alot of issues with warranty claims with the duramax. it is a good motor and the transmission is great as well. I would not add more than 100-120 ponies to the motor without some kind of transmission build though.

Thank you for your service as well. If it were not for people like you, we would not be able to enjoy the hobby we have.
Good advice
I have been looking at those exact tuners and pipes.
I think 100 extra would be more than adequate. I don't want a 7500 lb dragster, but a little extra power is never a waste. I more prefer unclogging the exhaust and perhaps liberating some mpg. I can't help but feel all those pollution controls are really holding back the performance and mileage potential of this fantastic engine. Plus it's just a bunch of extra problematic weight!
You're welcome on the serving thing. We all do it for our nation, but even if the weirdos started protesting they would have absolutely zero affect on soldiers deployed on the battlefield. Over there you can clearly see what kind of evil we Americans face. Now if we could only control it here, warriors could concentrate on what we do over there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts