Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally put a 5" flo-pro exhaust on my truck and love it but i noticed at times while driving i get a puff of white smoke...did it once when i hammered on it last night and while high idle today it would do it...mainly once i take off from a stop light or sign...newer to the diesel help please

·
Registered
156 Posts
the ice pick trick is for when your #2 or #7 inj harness goes bad. if that happens, you will know it. If it runs, it will only be on 4 cyl. The 'ice pick fix' is when you jam a punch or pick into the plug to make it gain contact again.

Not sure what your white smoke could be. Losing any coolant?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no coolant loss but i did pull the dipstick and smell a hint of diesel in there....its not so much once the truck gets up to temp. no smoke at idle either

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mine smokes blue when cold. Below 25* cold. Once it warms up and rings seat, it's fine. When diesels are cold it's normal to have some colored exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Just a dumb thought, If your new exhaust has a oilly film or some type of protective coating on it from the manfacturer it might smoke a little or smell funny until the it burns off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i thought at first but then i noticed it kind of lags and sounds like it misses when it smokes like that i do have an edge juice with attitude in it could this be the problem? has anyone heard of this problem with the edge? Thanks guys i really appreciate all the help truck has edge juice with attitude 5" exhaust and 155k on it...i love the truck just wanna get it right again

·
Registered
577 Posts
get rid of the edge and get real tuning.. and if you smell diesel in the oil you might have a injector starting to go...

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would say its goin to need an injector(s). Check your balace rates. And perform a return test

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know i want to get efi real bad dont really know where to start can any of you guys help me out? maybe pm me with some prices thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts