Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed from the ol' PPE tuner to EFI live with a DSP 5 tuned by Idaho Rob, the change is drastic, he set me up with an economy,tow, 90, 110 and 150(use at your own risk tune) by the seat of your pants feel, Rob's 110 tune would spank the PPE on 160, the PPE's power real only came till the revs came up. Robs tuning is smooth and comes on strong right from low RPMs. And the 150 feels unreal, i cant see my tranny holding up to it for long, but fun none the less. He is a real nice guy to deal with and I hope the best for his buisness.

thanks Rob

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
ya he is a great guy and does great work...how do i know read my sig:drink

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats man! :drink Glad you love it! I love how smooth the drivability is!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can I get a Link to Idaho Robs Website?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks. :drink

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
It is threads like this that remind me why Rob will get my business when I finally get EFILive.

Sounds like it is awesome!

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is threads like this that remind me why Rob will get my business when I finally get EFILive.

Sounds like it is awesome!
Rob's tunes are great. You can only expect great customer service from Rob.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Just installed my DSP% by Rob last week...ditto on all comments here!!! Always been great to deal with.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got my dsp5 from IdahoRob also. I don't drive on anything else but the Econ tune it rips. I'd like to do a modified tow tune to have a turbo brake. His tow tune is great though, plenty of power and safe for a stock trans. When I tow my enclosed behind my truck now, I really can't tell it's back there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just thought i would add some pics of my super sneaky dsp 5 switch location

Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat Car seat cover

Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Auto part Wheel

Auto part Rim

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
this is my next step!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
ya know...without knowing anything about EFI live, I could never really believe that one could get the mpg's many were swearing by. As a neub I ended dup buying a Banks 6 gun Pda. Although it served me fine and will continue to do so, once I get my EFI Li9e tunes (SPi), installed along with the DSP5 switch..the banks will be set to, and remain on, level 1..and only be used for the gauges it provides.

I therefore stand publicly corrected.

Although I do not have one of Robs tunes, I am fully convinced there is huge potential to create some incredible tunes for both power, towing and economy in the hands of a master. I have seen the programs software, am learing what it all is and am blown away with the potential. No canned tuner could even come close.

rgds,

stk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice install! How difficult was it to run the wires,etc to this point? That is what I am considering for my installation. I am just looking at the MPG gain and a little more power when I tow my 5th wheel, no racing. Understand the driving differences between everyone, but do you feel that this was a good investment and with the MPG gains how long to you estimate it will take before you can get your return on investment?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
You got the best there is my man................

·
Registered
168 Posts
I plan i goin with his tunes when i get back home next month..

·
Registered
104 Posts
So what tune are you guys finding gives you the best mpg? I have only had robs tunes for a short time but over Christmas, I hand calculated 19 mpg on a 400 mile trip. This was on my opt. Stock/ mpg setting. I'm just wondering if the higher tunes will get decent mpg???

·
Banned
5,738 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I switch on the fly when I'm racing in the 11.90 index class so that wouldn't work for me. We did however mount the switch on the front of the center councel so I can tweak it with my right hand while driving. Also not sure if that location is a good idea if you put anything in it might bump the switch. More I look at it, looks like a hassle to me. But to each their own.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts