Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the site and pretty new to the diesel performance world in general and while I have gained a lot of good info from reading this site and through many hours on other sites and I still have a few questions. The one thing I just can't find anywhere is what the big deal is with Idaho Rob tunes? I know EFI Live is the best option for tuning on an LBZ or any Duramax for that matter but I just want to know what makes his tunes so special. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Proven track record makes him one of the best! There are lots of tuners out there. Its really up to the person buying the tunes. Some guys like Rob some guys like Kory

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help! Are the Rob tunes exclusive to ATP or can any shop (Like ATS Diesel) program like that?

·
Administrator
16,851 Posts
He's been tuning truck for a long time, has very proven tunes, has lots of vehicles on the top 50 fastest Duramaxes, does great with everything from stock trans to fully built race vehicles. Mileage, towing, horse power, etc...

There are other good tuners out there as well, but you won't be disappointed with tunes from Idaho Rob.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have his tuning. Its great, clean, good mpg, and the customer service is top notch. I actually just sent them a data log to see if they can help me improve anymore. We shall see if they can polish the diamond anymore:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
993 Posts
Top notch tunes, highly recommended, safe and reliable, and EXCELLENT customer service! Can't go wrong, call Dustin and get Robs tunes....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I love my Idaho Rob tunes as well. I've been scouring this site for a year now and from the research I've done I'm 100% confident that Rob and Kory are the 2 best tuners out there . :gearjamin

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been having troubles getting my tunes loaded in my ECM so I sent him my ECM and its locked up, and he doesn't have any in stock at the moment and he's supposed to get more today but if he doesn't he said he'd take the ECM out of his race truck. I don't know about you but that's some of the greatest customer service I've ever encountered.Their customer service was so good that I also bought my lift pump, posi, and tie rod sleeves from there too. You wouldn't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have and love Rob's tunes. I also liked PPE's tunes, but they lacked a turbo brake and the ability to switch on the fly. I had tunes from duramaxtuner and they were horrible. That ECM got sent back for a refund after 1 day of driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts