Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD TO GET INTO THIS GUY IS BETTER THAN THAT GUY.

I personally feel that both Killerbee and Idahorob are two very reputable programmers. My question is how happy are you with their tunes, again no compare and contrast just I bought this or that, liked or didn’t and why. I am asking this because it looks like I am going to purchase efi soon and it would help me be a more knowledgeable customer. I am looking to get efi, scan tool, and possible 5dsp.

The tunes I’m thinking I want are:
Stock because of DPF
Tow tune
Economy Tune
Tranny safe hot tune
Possibly a built tranny hot tune

Admins/Mod if this against any rules or you feel this may be a trouble thread then please delete and I will understand.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Tuned By Rob. Fast Turn Around On The Tunes And They Run Really Well.
I'm Running The Dsp 5:
Stock
Tow/turbo Brake

Brian

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I'd say Rob gets more props given to him.....at least that is what I've seen.

But maybe killer is a diamond in the rough...so to speak.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have read a lot things killerbee has written and I know he understands these engines very well.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
I have not personally had any one of their tunes. I have delt with Rob in other matters and have found him very informative. I have also been on this forum for a while and heard great things about them both. I guess the only way to really know who to go with would be to contact both of them and see who you feel more comfortable with. I am sure they both have their differences. That is the thing about custom tuning is no one is alike. If you find two who are someone is probably copying tunes and putting their name on it.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
im watching :gungun1

so no poo flinging :rof

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not personally had any one of their tunes. I have delt with Rob in other matters and have found him very informative. I have also been on this forum for a while and heard great things about them both. I guess the only way to really know who to go with would be to contact both of them and see who you feel more comfortable with. I am sure they both have their differences. That is the thing about custom tuning is no one is alike. If you find two who are someone is probably copying tunes and putting their name on it.
I agree.
However, I would like to be able to go to either guy with what I want and know what to avoid. For me this isn’t a popularity contest so, I was looking for some confirmation from both of their customers

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Last Warning Thats Enough!!!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have Rob's tuning and I'm very pleased. I tried another guy first and was displeased, however... I have not tried KB. My tunes from Rob are 20hp, 50hp towing, 100hp street tranny safe, 150hp tranny not-so-safe, 180+ track.

Since you are running the DPF, I'd talk to several tuners until you are happy that you're getting the cleanest tuning possible. Or just change your mind and ditch the DPF ;)

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have Rob's tuning and I'm very pleased. I tried another guy first and was displeased, however... I have not tried KB. My tunes from Rob are 20hp, 50hp towing, 100hp street tranny safe, 150hp tranny not-so-safe, 180+ track.

Since you are running the DPF, I'd talk to several tuners until you are happy that you're getting the cleanest tuning possible. Or just change your mind and ditch the DPF ;)
My dpf fell off along the trail but, need the option in case i need to go find it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have tried two tuners and I personally find Rob's tunes not only more fun to drive and it has instant throttle response instead of the whole laggy stuff. The other tuner WAS NOT Killerbee. From the post i have read on killer bees small tunes is good too!

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you buy the V2, you're not limited to the sellers tuning, you can always buy from other tuners, or make your own tunes, if it were me, that's what I would do, the scan software makes it worth the money.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At one time, another member and I thought we could tune ourselves until I read some of killer's stuff. Then the realization of how little I truly know, about these engines. That’s not to say I can’t/Won’t learn.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.