Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my cargo and backup light bulbs with LED lights so they will be brighter when I hook up my fifth wheel in the dark. Does anyone have any ideas for good and bright LED replacement lights? I think I'm also going to hook my cargo light switch to my backup lights so I can switch my backup lights on with my cargo light switch. I will put a diode in the power wire coming from the cargo light switch so my cargo lights don't come on when I'm in reverse.

Thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts
What about running some lights inside/under the bed rails that you can turn on with a toggle switch etc??

Just throwing out ideas....

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Here's mine. Reverse, cargo & license plate lights all from Retrosolutions. I like them a lot.
Left is stock vs LED

Stock

LED

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
I can't remember the numbers off hand. Just PM the Retrosolutions guy on here. He will hook you up.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Subedddddd

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information guys.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't remember the numbers off hand. Just PM the Retrosolutions guy on here. He will hook you up.
Hey AJ, I read in your signature that you have Ultra Predators. How do you like them? Did they take much to balance them, and how hard are they to keep clean?

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,450 Posts
The Reverse CREE Bulbs are Sweet, Love mine!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
^^x2

·
Registered
904 Posts
find the cree bulbs they Are super bright,
love mine

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to replace my cargo and backup light bulbs with LED lights so they will be brighter when I hook up my fifth wheel in the dark. Does anyone have any ideas for good and bright LED replacement lights? I think I'm also going to hook my cargo light switch to my backup lights so I can switch my backup lights on with my cargo light switch. I will put a diode in the power wire coming from the cargo light switch so my cargo lights don't come on when I'm in reverse.

Thanks
Try using some waterproof led strips mounted under the bed rails (you never see them) and tied into the cargo lights. I picked up some led strips from DDM tuning (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/StripLED) that are 19 1/2" long with 30 LED's on them. I have a 2007.5 Duramax. I wired 2 of the strips together and mounted them to each side of the truck under rails, then wired the two together and ran the wire under the truck to the drivers side, then up the rear pillar post and under the head liner to the cargo light where I wired the hot wire in. When I turn on the cargo light, the leds light up and provide plenty of light to hook up my 5th wheel. When it gets dark I will try to get a picture. I also replaced the cargo lights with leds from Recon and I have plenty of light to see everything in the bed of the truck. Best part is it cost less than $100 for everything.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
I have hid's in mine, there freakin bad ass bright as hell lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AutoGuide App

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts