Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need an attraction here something to bring more people to this site....something fresh maybe, new, out of the norm ...I dunno but post your suggestions here! :thumbsup

I am sure the Mods will approve the idea!:wink

Support the Vendors they help us make our trucks rock!:peelout

·
Registered
352 Posts
I dunno Ive been drawing a blank in that department, some ideas would be great

·
Registered
31 Posts
give aways always work !

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I think we need to do some sort of refferal rewards program. Reffer so many people and get free premium membership, something like that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I dont think we have pre member ships yet.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's really going to take a lot of word spreading. I've pointed out before that the reason there are much fewer members here for Duramax owners is that there are many fewer duramax trucks in the pool vs PSD and CTD. CTD has been around for over close to 20 years, the Powerstroke in 94.....that's a big reason right there. Of course this forum does feature 6.2 and 6.5l forums but with the lack of being able to pull big power form those engines I don't see many enthusiastic owners jumping on a forum for them unless it's to solve a problem. Just give it time, and spread the word......flyers help, put one on every d-max truck you see if you can.

·
Registered
352 Posts
What do you guys think about getting a chat night going? Or should we wait alil longer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Getting the 6.2 and 6.5 going will be a tad bit tough as they only post to get repair info . Not many people mod them .

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Getting the 6.2 and 6.5 going will be a tad bit tough as they only post to get repair info . Not many people mod them .
I have found a lot of the 6.2 and 6.5 guys feel they know it all and seem to argue a lot when I try to help them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have found a lot of the 6.2 and 6.5 guys feel they know it all and seem to argue a lot when I try to help them.
i own a 6.5, but i know i dont know it all. i know hardly anything bout diesels, but i've learned a lot since i got mine

·
Registered
63 Posts
Couple thoughts to ponder...

1) I don't recall seeing a single sign, booth, etc. about DuramaxForum.com at IRP or Scheid this year. Theres lots of people to gather in just from those two events alone. If you did have something, it wasn't rememberable or grabbing enough (cause I didn't see it ;) ) so make it rememberable next time.

2) Don't recall seeing an ad in Diesel Power or Diesel World magazines. Get one or more in those as well. If you already have them in there, make them more noticable.

3) Obviously you'll keep spreading the word. It gets around.

4) Have any merchandise like hats, shirts, stickers? Have weekly/monthly/annual contests (most posts, voted best looking truck, highest or lowest HP, fastest or slowest 1/4mi, etc.) that anyone can win just for being a member here and give them a hat or a shirt or sticker for their truck or something. When people wear the shirts and hats and stickers on rides, people will see it!

5) Along those same lines, give the XXX number member a piece of merchandise for free just for joining. Or every 100th or 200th member.

6) Give me one of the above mentioned pieces of merchandise for all the good ideas. :D It'll get worn to SEVERAL diesel truck events in my area (hit a pull or dyno or meeting nearly every weekend throughout the spring and summer) and IRP and Scheid.

Thats all I have for now. I'll post again if more comes to mind.

C-ya

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
How times have changed...lol saw this searchin around

1 - 20 of 22 Posts