Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading another thread (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/01-04-5-lb7-duramax-powertrain/107322-raw-diesel-smell-idle.html) and i got to thinking....
i smell fuel at idle, im not sure if its normal because ive never really been around another LLY and noticed. but it doesnt smell completely like raw fuel, but it doesnt smell burnt either. should i be concerned or is it normal to smell diesel in a DIESEL TRUCK!?!?!?
i dont have access to check my balance rates either. unless the dealer or somthing like that can do it.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
check your balance rates.

but a diesel truck without a cat is yes going to smell purty good

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i cannot wait for it to ship! but right now i have the converter on there so i guess dont worry about the smell?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 04 Duramax with the LB7 and smell diesel at idle & slow speeds....thought I'd do some checking and see what was on the forum and found this thread. My Max is straight piped with no cat...is that why I'm smelling it? I noticed it after I straight piped it but can remember if I smelled it before....I did it right after I bought it. If that's all it is, no worries...just want to make sure nothing's wrong. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
what is the best way to check my balance rates?

Get yourself an Edge Insight CS or CTS and you'll be able to check alot more than that yourself (pays for itself very quickly).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts