Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i was planning on running a small W/M setup once i got it blocked to clean out the intake tract of all this shizzle. but now you post up not to do that either. what gives??? ;)

that's worse than i've seen. honestly though i feel like the PCV is the biggest culprit.

anything you can do for that other than teardown and hot tank and scrub? looks no fun

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I've been looking at mine recently and mine isn't really black on the inside..mine has 50k on it, and I believe the egr valve plate thingamajig has been tuned to stay shut, but only for the last 10k.
I Dont know why some have more buildup than others?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It's things like this that make me want to pull the trigger on the delete components.. just..must.. not..do.. it..

·
Registered
307 Posts
i don't have mine blocked yet, but have the EGR unplugged. Am I still getting that shit building up? If so that plate goes in tomorrow that I do have just not put in yet

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
My theory is to leave the PCV alone for a while after blocking, For some reason I feel that the oil/fuel vapors will start to melt that shmutz out of there and soften it up after a little while. With the two together the PCV wets it down and makes it easier for the new soot to stick but taking away the new soot Im hoping the PCV will start to clean things out.
Not sure if its going to work that way but I have noticed my mileage and throttle response improving consistently since shutting down my egr.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I've been looking at mine recently and mine isn't really black on the inside..mine has 50k on it, and I believe the egr valve plate thingamajig has been tuned to stay shut, but only for the last 10k.
I Dont know why some have more buildup than others?
Probably has to do with how much smoke they blow etc etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts